Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 6.16 Released With Better HiDPI Theming, Initial HID-Based Joystick Backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Wine 6.16 Released With Better <...>
    What about better Wayland support?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Yeah, I don't know if it is image that is ugly or if its the rendering that is broken, or if its any bug, or if its just my system.

It almost looks like it's trying to render in 256-color or something. Is something weird set in your prefix or does it show the same in a fresh prefix?

Comment

I have the same problem on Wine 5.0. I don't know why

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if it is image that is ugly or if its the rendering that is broken, or if its any bug, or if its just my system.

Same happens to me with the Debian packaged version of Wine. No problem if I run the winecfg of any other wine prefix, for example by using the Lutris packages.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

What about better Wayland support?
            Wine Wayland driver is in works, but it's not being made by Wine developers, but rather an Collabora employee. It's pretty promising so far, but it didn't even make it to wine-staging yet.
            What's wrong with using Wine on XWayland though?

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

It almost looks like it's trying to render in 256-color or something. Is something weird set in your prefix or does it show the same in a fresh prefix?
              This occurs on a fresh prefix.

Originally posted by sebastianlacuesta View Post

Same happens to me with the Debian packaged version of Wine. No problem if I run the winecfg of any other wine prefix, for example by using the Lutris packages.
              I use Ubuntu (which I guess got its package from Debian).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Hmmm... seems like the logo is being output in the wrong format. Are you using a 30-bit-per-pixel display?
                No, this is a normal 8-bit display. GNOME Wayland on Intel graphics.

Originally posted by avem View Post

Arch Linux? Gentoo? Self-built? Maybe blame your distro or your hands. Here it looks like Brisse has shown.
                No, I use Ubuntu with the normal package in the Ubuntu repository.

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
                Wine, among few other projects, is in my list to donate this year.
                I wanted to donate in Bitcoin, however, they didn't even bothered to reply when asked about that, so far.
                I believe your donations would be better spent on other projects such as Wine or GIMP.
                The Etherium Foundation have lots of money and they sponsor Etherium-related projects, as well as the wider crypto community.

Comment

I believe your donations would be better spent on other projects such as Wine or GIMP.
                  The Etherium Foundation have lots of money and they sponsor Etherium-related projects, as well as the wider crypto community.
                  Oh no, I said that I want to donate to Wine, but using Bitcoin wallet. They yet to respond to my enquiry. Maybe they don't want free money.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianlacuesta View Post

Hey, you're right! The properly rendered screenshot I posted above was from lutris-wine 6.10. I checked the Debian packaged Wine 5.0 now and it has the broken logo as seen above.

Edit: I'm on Debian testing with gnome-shell 40.2-1 from Debian experimental running a Wayland session.
                    Last edited by Brisse; 28 August 2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

That's a rendering issue. It looks fine on my system. You put it well here, but in your initial post you wrote it like it was a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X