Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 6.16 Released With Better HiDPI Theming, Initial HID-Based Joystick Backend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.16 Released With Better HiDPI Theming, Initial HID-Based Joystick Backend

Phoronix: Wine 6.16 Released With Better HiDPI Theming, Initial HID-Based Joystick Backend

Wine 6.16 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release of this widely-used software for running Windows games and applications on Linux and other systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't know why the wine glass logo in the About screen in the Wine configuration still looks ugly. Same wine glass logo that looks ugly when you go to Help -> About in the text editor. It looks so grainy.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I don't know why the wine glass logo in the About screen in the Wine configuration still looks ugly. Same wine glass logo that looks ugly when you go to Help -> About in the text editor. It looks so grainy.
      It looks ugly? It doesn't to me.
      Why not contribute a new logo may- never mind
      Last edited by tildearrow; 27 August 2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It looks ugly? It doesn't to me.
        Why not contribute a new logo maybe?
        Yeah, I don't know if it is image that is ugly or if its the rendering that is broken, or if its any bug, or if its just my system.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if it is image that is ugly or if its the rendering that is broken, or if its any bug, or if its just my system.

Hmmm... seems like the logo is being output in the wrong format. Are you using a 30-bit-per-pixel display?

Comment

TBH that looks like rendering issues. You should report it as a bug. I'm seldom visiting the About-tag, so I haven't noticed it on my wine installation.

EDIT: Yep, it must be a rendering issue on your machine. The Wine logo is fine on my machine
            Last edited by hjahre; 27 August 2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Mine looks like:

Comment

Arch Linux? Gentoo? Self-built? Maybe blame your distro or your hands. Here it looks like Brisse has shown.

Comment

Wine continues to work perfectly fine for me. I use staging, usually newest one and it never fails to deliver. Thanks wine devs!

Comment

Wine, among few other projects, is in my list to donate this year.
                    I wanted to donate in Bitcoin, however, they didn't even bothered to reply when asked about that, so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X