X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
    I tried to contribute to Chromium, but the attitude of the Chrome devs really put me off.
    Yeah, the bigger the project the harder/off-putting it is to contribute.

When Linux fans portray open source they depict it as if you just write some source code, hit enter and happy maintainers drop their current work, turn to you and help you so that it quickly gets merged upstream.

Leave a comment:

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    Originally posted by evasb View Post
    Is VAAPI support still WontFix? Yeah? No, thanks.

One of the main reasons I use Firefox. It actually treats Linux (incl Wayland) as a first class platform despite the problems with the Mozilla organization. I tried to contribute to Chromium, but the attitude of the Chrome devs really put me off. The other big thing was the way Chrome keeps swallowing up other projects and maintaining non-upstreamed forks, I use Gentoo so I really want to be using system libraries.

Leave a comment:

• OneTimeShot
    replied
    So... Is Chrome a feature of Emacs, or is Emacs a feature of Chrome?

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Any video accel would be fine for me, even the new Vulkan Video, considering that chromium already uses vulkan for backend now when enabled, I would settle for it.

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    Came here to say this exact thing, the fact that ChromeOS has acceleration enabled by default and the rest of the Linux world doesn't even have it as an off-by-default option is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• evasb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chrome 94 Beta Released With WebCodecs API Promoted, WebGPU Origin Trial

Phoronix: Chrome 94 Beta Released With WebCodecs API Promoted, WebGPU Origin Trial

Google promoted Chrome 94 to beta status today with some exciting changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X