Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Morty View Post

Prioritize a not so prevalent build system, even less so among Qt developers, over QML a major part of Qt used by thousands of Qt developers. That makes perfect sense...
    ... that's the exact reason why Qt Creator is "not so prevalent" among the IDE's

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    replied
    Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
    I would welcome it if they would concentrate more on meson support and less on QML.
    Prioritize a not so prevalent build system, even less so among Qt developers, over QML a major part of Qt used by thousands of Qt developers. That makes perfect sense...

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    The long hyped "Experimental Clang backend" still crashes on me every 5 minutes. I'm still not able to use it despite very promising results. Though deactivating it makes Qt Creator quite useable for me.

I would welcome it if they would concentrate more on meson support and less on QML.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    Can you tell which is the address of the bug report?
    Sure:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-26126

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I reported this against 5.0 RC
    Can you tell which is the address of the bug report?

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Hm. Can't even use it. It segfaults when loading compile_commands.json projects. It happens everywhere, not just on my system. The compilation database project manager is just borked.I reported this against 5.0 RC, but they decided to ship a release of this thing even though it segfaults on project loading. lol...

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I think they ought to focus on Rust support and Qt on Rust.

Leave a comment:

• Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

Phoronix: Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

The Qt Company has formally released Qt Creator 5.0 today as their latest version of this Qt/C++ minded integrated development environment...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...Qt-Creator-5.0
Working...
X