Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Morty View Post

Prioritize a not so prevalent build system, even less so among Qt developers, over QML a major part of Qt used by thousands of Qt developers. That makes perfect sense...
    ... that's the exact reason why Qt Creator is "not so prevalent" among the IDE's

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    replied
    Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
    I would welcome it if they would concentrate more on meson support and less on QML.
    Prioritize a not so prevalent build system, even less so among Qt developers, over QML a major part of Qt used by thousands of Qt developers. That makes perfect sense...

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    The long hyped "Experimental Clang backend" still crashes on me every 5 minutes. I'm still not able to use it despite very promising results. Though deactivating it makes Qt Creator quite useable for me.

I would welcome it if they would concentrate more on meson support and less on QML.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    Can you tell which is the address of the bug report?
    Sure:

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I reported this against 5.0 RC
    Can you tell which is the address of the bug report?

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Hm. Can't even use it. It segfaults when loading compile_commands.json projects. It happens everywhere, not just on my system. The compilation database project manager is just borked.I reported this against 5.0 RC, but they decided to ship a release of this thing even though it segfaults on project loading. lol...

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I think they ought to focus on Rust support and Qt on Rust.

Leave a comment:

• Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

Phoronix: Qt Creator 5.0 Released With Experimental Clangd Backend, Experimental Docker Builds

The Qt Company has formally released Qt Creator 5.0 today as their latest version of this Qt/C++ minded integrated development environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X