OpenShot 2.6 Video Editor Released With Computer Vision + AI Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 2.6 Video Editor Released With Computer Vision + AI Effects

Phoronix: OpenShot 2.6 Video Editor Released With Computer Vision + AI Effects

OpenShot 2.6 has been released as the newest version of this non-linear open-source video editing system for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's progress.

The timeline still looks kind of basic though... (if it is going to remain like that why not make the channels smaller?)

Comment

I've toyed with motion tracking in Kdenlive with limited success (it sorta works but definitely not perfect).
      KdenLive is basically reusing some OpenCV utilities to implement its motion tracking. Is OpenShot using something else or is it also reusing OpenCV?
      Last edited by chuckula; 25 August 2021, 01:16 PM. Reason: renamed video editor.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
        I've toyed with motion tracking in Kdenlive with limited success (it sorta works but definitely not perfect).
        KdenLive is basically reusing some OpenCV utilities to implement its motion tracking. Is OpenShot using something else or is it also reusing OpenCV?
        Yep, it's using OpenCV.

Comment

I have used OpenShot a bit , but from my perspective I would appreciate a few more bugfixes. Generally speaking most software of this type (that is likely to be used by many users) should focus on having their program working on the current release of the mother distros such as Debian, Fedora/RedHat, etc....

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Use the flatpack or snap.... The other ones don't work for me...

Comment

Well I feel silly I don't know how to edit my prior post but what I meant to say was

Installing open shot through the traditional package manager I had some issues I think it was the movie would always come out mute when I exported it

When I installed it via flat pack or snap I forgot which one it worked perfectly

Comment

Michael typo in the link to OpenShot blog, the date in the link is wrong, the correct day is 25, not 15:

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                  Michael typo in the link to OpenShot blog, the date in the link is wrong, the correct day is 25, not 15:

https://www.openshot.org/blog/2021/0...t_release_260/
                  Not actually a typo per, that was their original URL for the announcement but then looks like they changed it. (I was a bit confused as well as originally they listed their announcement as 15 August, so guess they delayed it). In any case the link is now updated. Thanks.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I haven't look at itin years but congrats to the developers. Stabilization and object tracking are so, so critical if you are trying to do any thing serious. Those are huge feature adds.

Comment

Working...
                    X