GNOME 41 Beta Released With "Calls" SIP/VoIP Support, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post

Once I've lost ~2Hrs trying to get it working, but I had severe issues with calendar integration, so I gave up. Evolution works really well, though.
    Yeah, I think the EWS module from what I had found the last time I tried (a few years ago at this point, admittedly) it wasn't compiled into any distribution yet, and trying to get it to compile and work by hand met with resistance, so back to Evolution I went! I honestly wish Evolution would have a current port maintained for Windows, I'd replace Outlook in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlands View Post

The one thing that keeps me from using Evolution is: no support for client certficicate authentication. So Evolution contacts the server, the server requests a client certificate from Evolution, Evolution sends back it's client certificate, the server verifies Evolution's certificate and if all is ok then allows access to IMAP etc. Last time I tried, Geary also does not support it. This works fine in Thunderbird so I'll stick to that.
      There are various options for different certs. Not sure about the specific one you're talking about (I haven't used Thunderbird since before it was Thunderbird and was still part of the Mozilla Suite...

Comment

Originally posted by lowlands View Post
        About SMS usage, I'll take your word for it since I don't know anyone who uses iMessage. It's all WhatsApp around me.
        Except some older people who barely got used to SMS and are slowly just moving on to messaging apps, most people are on whatsapp these days, except a minority from a specific city that for some reason all use (Facebook) Messenger. But the SMS days are long gone indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
          There are various options for different certs. Not sure about the specific one you're talking about (I haven't used Thunderbird since before it was Thunderbird and was still part of the Mozilla Suite...
          I'm not sure what you mean with various options. Last time I tried I imported a CA & client certificate and setup my account. When Evolution was asked by the server to provide a client certificate nothing happened and the connection failed. So Evolution does not respond to a server's request to authenticate itself with it's client certificate.

Comment

Working...
          X