Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Sees More Improvements To Plasma, Konsole, Breeze This Week

Phoronix: KDE Sees More Improvements To Plasma, Konsole, Breeze This Week

KDE developers had another busy summertime week with a variety of UI improvements and other polishing to this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nate and KDE developers,

First and foremost, thank you very much for your great work on making KDE the best DE out there, bars none. Have never used anything even close to it.

That said, I would like to point a usability drawback with the new spinbox. Just imagine what happen when it is really long, to change the contents you will have to move the cursor a lot, I think it would be better to keep the handles side by side, may you not agree, an explanation about "why" would be very nice.

Cheers.

Comment

To me, the new Public Icon is a reminder of why you don't take selfies in the bathroom:

Comment

I was more confused by the 'Templates' folder, what is the icon meant to be? An eye, a protractor or some angle thing? I thought the public one wasn't too bad, maybe it could do with more people like a crowd, but that'd be difficult to do in a minimalist iconset.

Excellent work on the other stuff as ever & thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_marmalade View Post
          I was more confused by the 'Templates' folder, what is the icon meant to be? An eye, a protractor or some angle thing? I thought the public one wasn't too bad, maybe it could do with more people like a crowd, but that'd be difficult to do in a minimalist iconset.

Excellent work on the other stuff as ever & thanks!

It reminds me of my T Bevel...which I use to get a template of an angle...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            To me, the new Public Icon is a reminder of why you don't take selfies in the bathroom:
            Are Arch users deemed queer or.. I didn't get the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post
              Nate and KDE developers,

First and foremost, thank you very much for your great work on making KDE the best DE out there, bars none. Have never used anything even close to it.

That said, I would like to point a usability drawback with the new spinbox. Just imagine what happen when it is really long, to change the contents you will have to move the cursor a lot, I think it would be better to keep the handles side by side, may you not agree, an explanation about "why" would be very nice.

Cheers.
              That was the one thing I wasn't sure about either. Luckily it's easy to change in the future. And most spinboxes are not super long.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Are Arch users deemed queer or.. I didn't get the joke.
                That the btw I use Arch people are annoying, the worst kinds of people, etc. At least that's how I take that meme.

It's a variation of the guy picking the urinal next to you meme

I guess it helps if you know that one, too.

Comment

I use Arch, this is way offtopic and insulting...

Comment

To regular people I say "I use Linux" to Linux users I say "I use Arch", yet I find that picture meme funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X