Wine 6.15 Released With More PE Conversion Work, More 32-bit To 64-bit Thunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
    The stacking process needs each image to be scaled, rotated, and translated so that stuff matches up so it's a giant pain in the ass to do manually especially with like 10 or more images. When there's some means to auto-align them then it can save hours. After that nothing needs to be tweaked.
    https://discuss.pixls.us/t/hdr-photo...minancehdr/746

I don't do a lot of HDR images. But the odd ones I have need to-do Luminance hdr has done the job good enough. Yes that thing is open source using the hugin auto align.

I do wish there was was a way todo it in G'Mic, https://gmic.eu/ Do note G'MIC-Qt gives very broad solution coverage.

Sticking to open source tool set does have its issues. Yes sometimes finding the right tool takes a while. But thing thing I have found is generally when you have found the right open source tool to perform the task you need it running rings around photoshop/lightroom in performance doing the same task.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
      Sticking to open source tool set does have its issues. Yes sometimes finding the right tool takes a while. But thing thing I have found is generally when you have found the right open source tool to perform the task you need it running rings around photoshop/lightroom in performance doing the same task.
      There is also a bit of psychology involved. Having a graphical user interface lets one explore the available possibilities interactively and one can solve a problem in an intuitive way without leaving the comfort zone. A GUI guides one to a good result, but it also means that one's expectations, abilities and speed are a limiting factor to GUIs. One can fiddle around to get to a satisfying result, but it can leave one with a subjective opinion on what is truly possible.

The advantage with open source has been for me that I can get past this with scripting and batch processing. I can leave the limits of GUIs behind, which basically are my own limitations, leave my comfort zone and experiment with countless settings over thousands of pictures and so produce more results. I see far more of the worst and the best than what my own time allows me to see, because of the amount of work required to get there. I get to see more unexpected and surprising results, some beyond of what I thought possible, leaving me with better expectations and a more objective opinion. Advances in technology, like a faster computer and a new software update, also let me recreate this experience without requiring any manual labour and I can benefit again from it.

This is why we see GUIs picking up batch processing, but also features like the creation of styles and profiles, and features like interactive previews with live updates, only so the users can get more work done faster, avoid repetition, and ultimately become more creative.

I find GUIs are great, but the cutting edge remains to be the command line for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        There is also a bit of psychology involved. Having a graphical user interface lets one explore the available possibilities interactively and one can solve a problem in an intuitive way without leaving the comfort zone. A GUI guides one to a good result, but it also means that one's expectations, abilities and speed are a limiting factor to GUIs. One can fiddle around to get to a satisfying result, but it can leave one with a subjective opinion on what is truly possible.
        Sometimes it more than that with layering images its a case where I rarely do it. I have batch done it in past by command line this worked most of the time until you goofed up the inputs. Having a half dog and half cat picture layer merged with each other kind of did not turn out well. Please note the picture did magically pass alignment most likely because they were on the same set with the same camera position.

CLI does have its own fair share of issues. I do wish a few more things would appear as generic plugins with open source image editing software.

Its also like krita is better when I want to use a drawing tablet with pen for something of course that from CLI would not happen. Mix of GUI and CLI is what is required. The plugin bit is that we need more code sharing between solutions. I do find G'Mic, really use ful for custom bits as I can just use those customs with gimp, krita and even taken them with me and use them with a person using photoshop and other tools due to G'Mic-qt.

Comment

Working...
        X