X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by hotaru View Post
    Firefox market share has been below 10% and steadily dropping for more than 5 years.
    Yeah, kind of proving my point. Firefox is still around, and not likely to be gone in another 5 years even if they don't turn things around.

Leave a comment:

• hotaru
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I think people have been saying that for over 5 years now, and Firefox is still around.

Eventually it might come true, but it doesn't seem likely to be soon to me.
    Firefox market share has been below 10% and steadily dropping for more than 5 years. Firefox is falling further and further behind Chromium and Safari in performance and features. Mozilla is "reducing investment in some areas such as developer tools, internal tooling, and platform feature development". it'll take a lot more than just wishful thinking to reverse the current trend.​​
    Last edited by hotaru; 19 August 2021, 04:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by JensRex View Post
    Firefox usage is only going down, and in a few years they'll be gone, and they have no one but themselves to blame.
    I think people have been saying that for over 5 years now, and Firefox is still around.

Eventually it might come true, but it doesn't seem likely to be soon to me.

Leave a comment:

• JensRex
    replied
    Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    How many features did they remove this release? How much did they change the UI *again* despite nothing but negative feedback from their users?
    Funny, Firefox 91 is also what made me switch to Vivaldi. It feels like ending an abusive relationship. Mozilla developers incompetence is only matched by their arrogance.

Firefox usage is only going down, and in a few years they'll be gone, and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Leave a comment:

• guglovich
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Awesome, that did it .Thanks for sharing, that was really bugging me and I know for a fact you and I were not the only ones dealing with it
    I join, also noticed the acceleration of scrolling at the transition.

Leave a comment:

• guglovich
    replied
    Terrible choice for an ESR branch. First I had to figure out what was causing the crashes, and as a thank you for the effort, I got a horrible interface that could have been disabled before.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Originally posted by kn00tcn View Post

found it, set mousewheel.system_scroll_override.enabled to false
    Awesome, that did it .Thanks for sharing, that was really bugging me and I know for a fact you and I were not the only ones dealing with it

Leave a comment:

• kn00tcn
    replied

It still feels off, I'm not sure what the correct setting is. Hopefully someone else can chime in. It was also the reason I wasn't using Nightly.

Firefox always does this. Nightly just always has some weird quirk, and then it makes it on stable when the versions update. Small potatoes but scrolling is important in a web browser.
    found it, set mousewheel.system_scroll_override.enabled to false, then it seems to be like it was before (which is too little for me, hence my 44 min line scroll amount)

i dont think windows felt a change, or maybe the built in override happens to match windows

well now that i look at my final settings, it looks like wheel is the same distance as arrow keys, so i guess the old default was not enough wheel (logically)

maybe i'll look at the other options, it would be nice to increase the amount the faster the wheel spins like i had with the old addon
    Last edited by kn00tcn; 13 August 2021, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Just saw this hilarious thread on HackerNews about versioning.

Parody, fyi: ZeroVer (https://0ver.org)

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied

Funny that you were the last post, I was just about to post about this.

I had to go into about:config and change general.smoothScroll.currentVelocityWeighting from 0.25 to 0.1

Can be lowered even more, but I think 0.1 is a good balance. Weird how they changed it on us.
    Yeah, I remember a few versions ago they changed general.smoothScroll.mouseWheel.durationMinMS value to 50, while general.smoothScroll.mouseWheel.durationMaxMS was set to 200, which resulted in a nasty acceleration curve. changing the MinMS also to 200, returned the scrolling acceleration back to normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X