X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory View Post
    Now works good with wayland?
    Always crash to me in wayland session
    I tested it recently and there was no problem at all with the dock itself (I even had a week of work uptime with no single crash), but the settings view was, let's say, somehow usable but buggy.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I will give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post

You're wrong. Latte is one of the best docks out there and only one that is built specifically for KDE Plama. It's also rock solid, flexible and very linuxy in terms of customizability. MacOS' dock has only a fraction of possibilities of Latte.
        Also many people (including me) do like the concept of having a dock for convenient app navigation and I don't understand spurning the idea itself, if that's what you meant.
        One of the best is a bit of streach to say IMO. I've used plank for a very long time, I didn't know however that Latte dock is built specifically for KDE Plasma, that would now make sense why it didn't work well for me on GS back when I tried it. Eventually, I moved away when Plank as well introduced some bugs and couldn't bother with it anymore, can't even remember what was the issue now, ended up using GS without any extensions (aside from update indicator) and adapted my workflow to it = no dock needed.

Comment

I tested it recently and there was no problem at all with the dock itself (I even had a week of work uptime with no single crash), but the settings view was, let's say, somehow usable but buggy.
          I have tested every version and always end up back with cairo dock. There are basic things the dev does not want to do. His project for sure .... but not one I recommend to those looking for a dock.

Comment

Does it still have that on hover black rectangle glitch/flicker on first startup? Last time I checked lattedock this was never fixed and the dev I believe blamed the linux graphics drivers which is lame because plethora of other docks don't have similar issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
              Great, just what the linux DE world needs, yet another ugly dysfunctional macOS clone. As if there aren't dozens of them now.
              For that very reason I can't use it either. But the project itself is a great showcase of what you can do with KDE. Kudos for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's just a number.
                If it's just a number, then the trivial thing to do is call it 1.0 on the public first release. That's what I did too.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post

If it's just a number, then the trivial thing to do is call it 1.0 on the public first release. That's what I did too.
                  On the first public functional stable release.
                  Latte's been stable for many years. It doesn't feel incomplete or beta-quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's just a number.
                    It's not just a number, there has to be some meaning behind it. It has a name, semantic versioning.

Semantic Versioning spec and website

This should have been a 1.0 or 1.0.0 release. Not a big deal, but it was justified and makes way more sense than 0.10. It's not the kernel, it doesn't need to go that high.

Comment

You're wrong. Latte is one of the best docks out there and only one that is built specifically for KDE Plama. It's also rock solid, flexible and very linuxy in terms of customizability. MacOS' dock has only a fraction of possibilities of Latte.
                      Also many people (including me) do like the concept of having a dock for convenient app navigation and I don't understand spurning the idea itself, if that's what you meant.
                      Latte is good, but it's always a bit glitchy in my experience. IMHO, KSMoothDock is the best: https://store.kde.org/p/1081169/
                      It's more flexible and much more solid as it has been around since the early 2000's (compared to the relatively young Latte).

Comment

Working...
                      X