Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.2 RC2 Up For Testing With Its Initial GTK4 Work, Command Pop-Up / HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.2 RC2 Up For Testing With Its Initial GTK4 Work, Command Pop-Up / HUD

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.2 RC2 Up For Testing With Its Initial GTK4 Work, Command Pop-Up / HUD

LibreOffice 7.2 is preparing to ship this month while out today is LibreOffice 7.2 RC2 for facilitating last minute testing of this leading open-source office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice to see GTK 4 support! I look forward to it! Hopefully it will feel more modern to use.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Very nice to see GTK 4 support! I look forward to it! Hopefully it will feel more modern to use.
      Just like Microsoft office, putting more "modern" lipstick on the pig makes certain people so happy

But I suppose as a "modern" guy you are using the web based service these days right? Distributed desktop versions are so old fashioned after all.
      Last edited by kpedersen; 01 August 2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Just like Microsoft office, putting more "modern" lipstick on the pig makes certain people so happy

But I suppose as a "modern" guy you are using the web based service these days right? Distributed desktop versions are so old fashioned after all.
        Yeah, "lipstick" as you call it, or just a beautiful, well designed, pleasant to use UI is very important!
        Just try to use any Tk application, it is horrible ugly and very boring to use, I don't want to use!

Yeah, I use some web-based services, also some desktop applications. Either way, beautiful applications are always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen

Isn't that what we call "woman acceptance factor"? Prettier hence more accepted.

Comment

https://libreofficemaster.blogspot.c...ui-mockup.html There is look into a UI redo on libreoffice for version 8.0

Comment

Skimming the release notes I saw that they now have a dark color scheme for the application itself. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                For those looking for a traditional or a classic layout, the option is still available. Desktop version is still a viable when web version is unavailable due to online issue, additionally LibreOffice handles remote collaboration.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  I am glad you finally did not trash LibreOffice...

Comment

Wow I really hate it. With that said, billions of people will find it more inline with the expectations and it will help the software be taken more seriously, get more contributors and funnel more donations & interest from corporations, governments, etc...

So while simultaneously disgusted (by the win-feel), as a designer I am incredibly impressed & salute what was achieved here. Hats off sirs, well done.

Comment

Working...
                    X