Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PipeWire 0.3.32 Released With Numerous Fixes

Phoronix: PipeWire 0.3.32 Released With Numerous Fixes

A new release of PipeWire was made on Tuesday for this audio/video stream management solution for Linux that can replace the likes of JACK and PulseAudio...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great !
    Too bad Ubuntu developers don't want to switch to it.

Comment

I was quite skeptical about PipeWire (and I still think the Fedora rollout was too early), but it's been improving at a steady pace and working well now. 0.3.31 fixed the last significant issues for me. Bluetooth audio in particular is HUGELY improved compared to PulseAudio.

I haven't heard anything about Ubuntu rejecting PipeWire outright.

Comment

Danny3 you can install it from PPA . for more see https://pipewire-debian.github.io version 32 will be up to launchpad within some hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Great !
          ubuntu is a stable distro

Comment

Danny3

Ubuntu is always a bit more conservative compared to Fedora.
            I expect Ubuntu to switch to Pipewire in time for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS which will use wayland by default.

Comment

do we have Exclusive Mode yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                I was quite skeptical about PipeWire (and I still think the Fedora rollout was too early), but it's been improving at a steady pace and working well now. 0.3.31 fixed the last significant issues for me. Bluetooth audio in particular is HUGELY improved compared to PulseAudio.

I haven't heard anything about Ubuntu rejecting PipeWire outright.
                You know that's the same crowd ? Bluez, PA, PW. I have doubts they are able to do anything of quality, but i'l hold forming my opinion on PW (bluez and pa suck balls).

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Great !
                  Did they actually dismiss it, or are they simply waiting for it to be mature enough (in their view)?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                    do we have Exclusive Mode yet ?
                    Not yet, until a pwsuspender script is made.
                    But why Windows-style exclusive mode? There should be a way to lower the latency...

Comment

Working...
                    X