• Show
Clear All

• Aryma
    replied
    i wish if Xfce/LXQt/LXDE jump to wayland bus

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    That's great but they still don't have Dash to Dock & Dash to Panel or Arc Menu working quite right with Gnome 40.

I'm actually getting tired of fixing extensions that give me core functionality I need in a Office use case. The appeal with Gnome was "It did basic functions that I needed it to do, looked good and got out of the way".

My daily is Sway. I just downloaded KDE, after 15 years maybe I will return to KDE since Steam Deck is using it and it should get a lot more users, attention and love.

I won't miss the regular Gnome Extension breakage, the lack of scaling pictures to a size I can see easily on 4k, the lack of Image Previews when selecting a .jpg or .png to upload in GTK FIle Chooser, lack of Split Pane in Nautilus, lack of typeahead, lack of launching .desktop launcher's or having a workaround, the hackish way I need to set folder Icons in Gnome, or the nauseating zooming in and zooming out UX

I've always hated the taskbar auto-hiding on Windows and it's the same on Linux -- I want to see what actions / commands are available to me not "hide them" someplace and pretend they don't exist.

Gnome wants to do what Gnome wants to do and that's fine, but it's really nice that they have some serious competition so I -- a user -- can have some decent choices. Dolphin & Index file managers are the shining star of KDE.
    Last edited by ElectricPrism; 19 July 2021, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    wake me up when gnome decided to make DE for PC user who don't have and like touch-screen stop copying mac and windows 8 look
    maybe add server-side decorations support too

Leave a comment:

• GNOME 41 Alpha Released With Many Desktop Changes Accumulating

Phoronix: GNOME 41 Alpha Released With Many Desktop Changes Accumulating

The GNOME project is out today with their first alpha release of the forthcoming GNOME 41 desktop environment...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...GNOME-41-Alpha
Working...
X