PipeWire 0.3.31 Released With Better JACK Support, More Crash Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PipeWire 0.3.31 Released With Better JACK Support, More Crash Fixes

Phoronix: PipeWire 0.3.31 Released With Better JACK Support, More Crash Fixes

PipeWire 0.3.31 is out today as the newest version of this audio and video streams server for the Linux desktop that is becoming a viable replacement to the likes of JACK and PulseAudio...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PipeWire 0.3.1 also now properly checks metadata
    Should say "PipeWire 0.3.31"

Comment

I use Pipewire as default audio server since 0.3.30 on Ubuntu 21.04 and all works fine. Finally I don't have to suspend PulseAudio for enable JACK for simple thing like a recording via Audacity. Even Audacity from Flatpak works fine (recording of multiple tracks never worked fine for me before use of Pipewire).

Comment

Since 21.04 it has been working flawlessly for me. Tested on 3 different systems.

Comment

I found it slightly less stable than Pulse with my Blutooth headphones when I upgraded tp FC34. But the Pipewire and Fedora guys went hard dropping a lot of updates at the begging and now it is rock solid to a degree that Pulse never was. Thumbs up to the developers and packagers.

Comment

I switched to it since like 0.3.24 and I never really complained about it both PulseAudio and JACK use cases. I'm quite amazed by the project! I really hope it's getting default for most distros soon (1 - 2 years tops). Of course there are still some issues to iron out, but it looks really really promising.

Comment

Unplug headphones and plug it back in and it isn't found. Its great. I see no problem here.

Maybe this one will fix that. Could pull it down now and find out but will wait for now.
              Last edited by ix900; 29 June 2021, 09:04 AM. Reason: Switched to one issue from two.

Comment

Arch KDE super stable no issues. Looking forward to the day it becomes default.

Comment

The only problem I've had is that MS Teams doesn't work with PipeWire. I know the problem is apparently on Teams' side rather than PipeWire's but it's still a big bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                    The only problem I've had is that MS Teams doesn't work with PipeWire. I know the problem is apparently on Teams' side rather than PipeWire's but it's still a big bummer.
                    That alone makes it utterly useless for real world stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X