PipeWire 0.3.31 Released With Better JACK Support, More Crash Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacob View Post
    The only problem I've had is that MS Teams doesn't work with PipeWire. I know the problem is apparently on Teams' side rather than PipeWire's but it's still a big bummer.
    How so? Are they doing something idiotic, like an equivalent to "Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on Linux requires xboxdrv in x360ce-like mode if you're not using a 360 controller because they artificially reintroduced XInput-style compatibility limits"?

Comment

The only problem I've had is that MS Teams doesn't work with PipeWire. I know the problem is apparently on Teams' side rather than PipeWire's but it's still a big bummer.
      What are you on about? It's always worked perfectly fine on my end as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

How so? Are they doing something idiotic, like an equivalent to "Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on Linux requires xboxdrv in x360ce-like mode if you're not using a 360 controller because they artificially reintroduced XInput-style compatibility limits"?
        I don't know, didn't dive into it, I just remember reading on a bug tracker that Teams (or at least the Linux build) isn't doing the right thing in terms of audio APIs

Comment

Originally posted by kon14 View Post

What are you on about? It's always worked perfectly fine on my end as far as I can tell.
          Then you're lucky, here it worked with PulseAudio but since the switch to PipeWire sound in Teams doesn't work for me

Comment

Then you're lucky, here it worked with PulseAudio but since the switch to PipeWire sound in Teams doesn't work for me
            Looking on PipeWire's GitLab, there seems to actually be an open issue regarding Teams.
            Seems like it's indeed an issue on Teams itself, I can only hope that Microsoft fixes it once more distros start switching to PipeWire by default, but seeing as they've been neglecting and even downgrading the Linux client (in terms of features) that may or may not happen any time soon.

I've used PipeWire + Teams on at least 3 devices and so far I've never personally encountered this.
            Have you tried any of the workarounds posted in the issue thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kon14 View Post

Looking on PipeWire's GitLab, there seems to actually be an open issue regarding Teams.
              Seems like it's indeed an issue on Teams itself, I can only hope that Microsoft fixes it once more distros start switching to PipeWire by default, but seeing as they've been neglecting and even downgrading the Linux client (in terms of features) that may or may not happen any time soon.

I've used PipeWire + Teams on at least 3 devices and so far I've never personally encountered this.
              Have you tried any of the workarounds posted in the issue thread?
              The only workaround that works (somewhat) reliably is to open Teams, *then* pair with a Bluetooth headset. At that point Teams detects the audio device and I can either use Bluetooth or even switch to my laptop's speaker and microphone.

Comment

At the beginning I got quite a few pops and crackles, quite similar sounding to a dirty vinyl but its gone since a few versions and otherwise it is rock solid.
                I especially fancy the latency, playing the rhythm game osu!lazer in native wayland and with pipewire is to my extend a better experience then the game ever had on Windows.

Comment

The only problem I've had is that MS Teams doesn't work with PipeWire.
                  I use Teams with pipewire everyday for my work. There were some early issues (crackling microphone), but it's all fixed now.
                  I still have to adapt the in/out device settings in Teams after almost every suspend/resume of my pc.

Another tool that works great with pipewire is pavucontrol, which lets you set what application connects to what device.
                  If you have teams problems, try to check if you can fix it with pavucontrol ?

The last teams big problem is the sharetray that is empty when native in wayland. And MS doesn't care i guess...

Comment

As a light user I haven't noticed any difference since F34 switched to PipeWire.
                    The only exception is I have to manually restart its daemon after "dnf update -y", which is not needed by PulseAudio server.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
                      Unplug headphones and plug it back in and it isn't found. Its great. I see no problem here.

Maybe this one will fix that. Could pull it down now and find out but will wait for now.
                      I have the same issue, looked into it with Wim Taymans and from what we can tell it is likely to be an ALSA driver bug, where the correct event is not fired when you plug back in again and thus PIpeWire doesn't know that it has been re-plugged. Filed a bug against ALSA, but no response to the bug report yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X