Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    (...)
    You need to take a break, I suggest you visit Denmark, it's really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZfM1lkLuMI

Comment

7 to 20 is progress. Here one of the things I tweak is set it to 50. Sometimes you want to grab something from the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It's winter here in South America...
        Us near the equator line: you guys have seasons?
        Last edited by M@GOid; 21 June 2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel, since I had a similar loss two months ago.

Comment

Hey. What is the recommended action for QHD monitors right now?

I got one and it seems like Plasma Is slow. I'm still waiting for a cable to go from 30hz to 60hz, but it seems even the mouse pointer is slow.

I've been reading about tildearrow LowLatency patches, but it seems they are not maintained anymore. Would KWinFT be a solution? I'm using X.

Comment

- Holding down the alt key to drag underlined files from Konsole into other applications.
              I hope it's possible to reassign that. Alt+Drag is for moving or resizing windows and I'm not interested in changing muscle memory that I've been building since the days of KDE 3.5.x.

Comment

Apparently the spam filter doesn't like me, because that unapproved message has no links.

Comment

Unfortunately wayland keeps bringing almost no game-breaking advantage and still has tons of regressions (at least in KDE-land). Yes, some effects are slightly smoother and you get rid of the anyway mostly unnoticeable flicker... but:
                  • the session is completely broken. Log out and log in again and your applications do not reopen or they do on the wrong virtual screen or the wrong position;
                  • the clipboard is broken, in some cases it works, in some it doesn't at all, in some it does if you do not close applications;
                  • drag and drop is similarly problematic;
                  • there is no way to use single applications (vs the whole desktop) remotely, which is something that X11 has always done excellently on the LAN and that with xpra can also be done perfectly on the WAN;
                  • the approaches to manage things in GTK apps and QT apps has zero standardization: not only GDK_BACKEND and QT_QPA_PLATFORM are different env variables, but the syntax of what you should put in there is different as well. And then there is XDG_SESSION_TYPE too.
                  ... and I am pretty sure that there is more. If I understand correctly, this is not even (completely) KDE's fault. Many things were left out from any standardization in wayland, so every toolkit and every DE implemented them in their own incompatible way (session, clipboard, drag and drop, controlling environment variables, remoting). Sigh.

Comment

"and" isn't an acceptable word to start a sentence with,
                    I can bet £5 that you are against ending the sentences with preposition as well

it singular form so the correct way to write your sentence should be "KDE is people." I also have to point out that KDE stands for "K Desktop Environment" so saying "K Desktop Environment Gets Expandable Tooltips" is right.
                    ever heard about uncountables?

If y'all don't know basic English, quit trying to correct Michael's headlines. No one particularly want to read Ignorant Grammar Nazis try to incorrectly correct Michael's headlines day after day. They're not particularly fond of reading crap from actual Grammar Nazis like myself either.
                    Oh, there is something we can all agree on!

Comment

Originally posted by ktecho View Post
                      Hey. What is the recommended action for QHD monitors right now?

I got one and it seems like Plasma Is slow. I'm still waiting for a cable to go from 30hz to 60hz, but it seems even the mouse pointer is slow.

I've been reading about tildearrow LowLatency patches, but it seems they are not maintained anymore. Would KWinFT be a solution? I'm using X.
                      Cable arrived just now, and it's probably fast enough with it. So any advice will be welcome, but it seems it works well enough. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X