KDE Gets Expandable Tooltips, Larger Clipboard, More Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Gets Expandable Tooltips, Larger Clipboard, More Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Gets Expandable Tooltips, Larger Clipboard, More Wayland Fixes

Even with the warm summer weather and many municipalities loosening pandemic lockdown restrictions, KDE developers remain quite busy this summer with a variety of improvements to this open-source desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Even with the warm summer weather
    It's winter here in South America...

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Plasma 5.23's clipboard will now remember 20 items by default rather than just seven.
    On my system it was set to 20 or something by default, not 7? o-o

Comment

> KDE Gets Expandable Tooltips, Larger Clipboard, More Wayland Fixes

And KDE are people. KDE software is what gets expandable tooltips, etc.

Comment

Thank you KDE devs.

Comment

Those are nice keyboard shortcuts but is there anything to prompt them? Otherwise, they may get lost and forgotten to most.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
            > KDE Gets Expandable Tooltips, Larger Clipboard, More Wayland Fixes

And KDE are people. KDE software is what gets expandable tooltips, etc.
            KDE can refer to both the developers and the software, "and" isn't an acceptable word to start a sentence with, and KDE without a word like "developers" or "programs" attached makes it singular form so the correct way to write your sentence should be "KDE is people." I also have to point out that KDE stands for "K Desktop Environment" so saying "K Desktop Environment Gets Expandable Tooltips" is right.

If y'all don't know basic English, quit trying to correct Michael's headlines. No one particularly want to read Ignorant Grammar Nazis try to incorrectly correct Michael's headlines day after day. They're not particularly fond of reading crap from actual Grammar Nazis like myself either.

Between working outside in 95F, 70%* humidity the past two weeks and my 21 year old cat Duke dying on Tuesday my week has been awful. At the beginning of the month he went from healthy and patrolling the neighborhood to completely blind a week later. After that he started going downhill fast. He was a good boy and I really miss him.

I'm just glad that Phoronix has had some good news in the past week. When life goes to shit it can be nice to live vicariously through the projects you like and use or to read about and discuss concepts and ideas you're really into. KDE tooltips are one of things I've always thought could be better so it is nice seeing them get some attention. I can also see me alt-dragging a bunch of stuff into Kate.

Nate, if you read this, when I talked to you about getting into KDE development a few weeks ago I just didn't expect life to hit me as hard as it did.

*If you've never worked outside in conditions like that you have no idea the strain it puts on your body and mind.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              On my system it was set to 20 or something by default, not 7? o-o
              Can't reproduce - 7 by default over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Can't reproduce - 7 by default over here.
                First installed version of KDE? Mine is 5.4.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Nate, if you read this, when I talked to you about getting into KDE development a few weeks ago I just didn't expect life to hit me as hard as it did.

It's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

First installed version of KDE? Mine is 5.4.
                    Same here unless you count this one time I ran 4.something for about an hour over a decade ago around the GNOME 2-to-3 transition. Between all the settings offered, all the K stuff, and how colorful it was I just Homer'd back into the XFCE bush.

Comment

Working...
                    X