Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.22 Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Usability Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.22 Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Usability Enhancements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.22 Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Usability Enhancements

KDE's big Plasma 5.22 desktop release is now available with maturing its Wayland support continuing to be one of the big ongoing focuses for the project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Holy shit. The volume on that video was loud. Scared the hell out of me. My heart is still racing.

Comment

I have been waiting for this update. Time to compile some packages

Comment

Long Live KDE !

Comment

I'll definitely refuse to update my actual Fedora 33 to 34, I don't want to use GNOME any more.

My next distribution will KDE Neon, which I am already using at home with success.

Comment

It is nice to see this kind of improvements even if you are on the GNOME side, like myself. Congratulations to KDE devs and users.

Comment

Originally posted by andrea76 View Post
              I'll definitely refuse to update my actual Fedora 33 to 34, I don't want to use GNOME any more.

My next distribution will KDE Neon, which I am already using at home with success.
              wrong topic?

Comment

JFYI If you like the non-GNOME parts of Fedora, they have a very competently executed KDE version. https://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/

I'm using it myself and can recommend it.

Comment

This thread is about new KDE Plasma 5.22 - so getting this advantages to move away from GNOME could be quite natural - and no one can integrate KDE as the KDE devs - and KDE neon as rolling KDE stack is really great (would never recommend to use Kubuntu for any LTS release after my experience). Thinking anyone can compete with KDE devs on bringing latest KDE should just breath and think.
                  But I personally would still prefer to stay on X.org till all X.org features are there and tested ... but that progress is very welcome.

Comment

I suggest you to give a chance to Manjaro linux : https://manjaro.org/downloads/official/kde/

Comment

Working...
                    X