Wine-Staging 6.10 Ships With Just Under 600 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 6.10 Ships With Just Under 600 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 6.10 Ships With Just Under 600 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

It's been a few releases since there has been much in the way of new additions to Wine-Staging worth talking about. This staging/experimental version of Wine has at some points carried 700+ patches over upstream Wine but with not many new patches introduced recently while the flow of patches from staging to upstream Wine continuing, at this point its down to "only" 571 patches. With today's Wine-Staging 6.10 there are also some new improvements incorporated into this build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm going to give 6.10 a try later today, and I'm really hoping wineasio works again. I'm stuck on 6.4 because it's the last version wineasio works on, and I don't see any work being done to make it functional again.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
      I'm going to give 6.10 a try later today, and I'm really hoping wineasio works again. I'm stuck on 6.4 because it's the last version wineasio works on, and I don't see any work being done to make it functional again.
      After upgrade to wine-staging 6.6 I could not longer select wineasio as the audio device. I tried to recompile and re-register but, under wine-staging version 6.6 I only get the message: regsvr32: ...

Comment

Thank you very much for the information QwertyChouskie.

I can't use winebuild because I have my own custom Wine Manager that places an unlimited number of bottles in a specially constructed Wine Manager root directory, and integrates them in custom wine menus, but hopefully by looking at the winebuild code, and finally knowing what the issue is, I can get wineasio working.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me, I sincerely appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X