X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Is this for case of vsync off / no adaptive sync, i.e. tearing? And looks like it needs an amdgpu bug. Can you open one please?
    I'd expect it to be always bad, with VRR perhaps slightly less (but still bad enough?).
    Turns out it's not amdgpu that needs work, but Mesa and xwayland: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-...82#note_254241

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    There currently is a big downer regarding a missing feature of amdgpu kernel driver for presentation with xwayland and direct scanout: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-...28#note_249232
    This is not related to VRR per se, but it might ruin the experience regardless.
    Is this for case of vsync off / no adaptive sync, i.e. tearing? And looks like it needs an amdgpu bug. Can you open one please?

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Looking forward to adaptive sync in the Wayland session! I'll start using once it's out.
    There currently is a big downer regarding a missing feature of amdgpu kernel driver for presentation with xwayland and direct scanout: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-...28#note_249232
    This is not related to VRR per se, but it might ruin the experience regardless.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Looking forward to adaptive sync in the Wayland session! I'll start using once it's out.

Leave a comment:

• fhek789
    replied
    Originally posted by hax0r View Post
    Still no QT6 support, still can't right-click and play video file with mpv over smb (KIO sucks) like in any other gvfs capable sane DE, KDE is long overdue for updated pleasing looking stock theme & icons, still no HUD like view to see most recent opened video/music/docs like Win10 or Unity7, I don't like recent toolbar added to the Konsole and there's some bug where its window open super small, KDE still takes too long to logout on OpenRC with session from tty1, the UI is becoming inconsistent with added KHamburger menu, KWin improved in some aspects but there's still fragmentation and dispersed coding manpower between developers (KWinFT), still no integrated seamless emoji support, baloo is alright after you disable it and akonadi is somehow bearable after changing mysql backend to sqlite3, I'm not fan of vertical toolbars in shipped apps like Kate.
    KHamburguer menu is just making the hamburguer menu a standardized element, dolphin always had a hamburguer menu since I started using it.

Leave a comment:

• HighValueWarrior
    replied
    Love my KDE
    Wish you could add better NAS support. Get rid of sddm as well please.
    Have to agree with the smb performance. It completely blows.
    Looking forward to the day when Wayland is default.

Leave a comment:

• bple2137
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Speaking of GPU statistics, which ones are supported? I have Intel Xe with intel_gpu_top installed (and all the stuff that goes with it) which I would think should have support, but doesn't.
    For me it works on AMD with Radeon in my desktop and does not work on two Intel laptops I have.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Since probably the last Dolphin version, there is bug that turns the regular cursor into a resizing one when you move the cursor in and out of Dolphin's side bar a lot, which requires you to click several times to turn it back into the normal one. Very annoying, which is imho why a hotfix release would be justified. This is on Arch ngraham .
    Yeah, that one was anoying which I've noticed, too and that was definetly something which you don't expect to happen in a point release at all. Fingers crossed that they catch up with some other annoying bugs soon, like the one I've been complaining for some weeks (60 Hz frame rate and lots of droped frames on a 144 Hz display until you launch/exit a game which fixes it for the rest of the session). As I really like the UI philosophy of KDE otherwise, I just hope they can work out better QA and testing in the future. Until this happes, I am somewhat desperate that KWinFT spreads to more distros (a PPA for Ubuntu and equivalents to others would be awesome).

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Still no QT6 support, still can't right-click and play video file with mpv over smb (KIO sucks) like in any other gvfs capable sane DE, KDE is long overdue for updated pleasing looking stock theme & icons, still no HUD like view to see most recent opened video/music/docs like Win10 or Unity7, I don't like recent toolbar added to the Konsole and there's some bug where its window open super small, KDE still takes too long to logout on OpenRC with session from tty1, the UI is becoming inconsistent with added KHamburger menu, KWin improved in some aspects but there's still fragmentation and dispersed coding manpower between developers (KWinFT), still no integrated seamless emoji support, baloo is alright after you disable it and akonadi is somehow bearable after changing mysql backend to sqlite3, I'm not fan of vertical toolbars in shipped apps like Kate.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Since probably the last Dolphin version, there is bug that turns the regular cursor into a resizing one when you move the cursor in and out of Dolphin's side bar a lot, which requires you to click several times to turn it back into the normal one. Very annoying, which is imho why a hotfix release would be justified. This is on Arch ngraham .
    I can reproduce that in some other Qt apps and even GNOME apps and I'm not even using KDE, so I'm pretty sure it's not a KDE bug.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X