Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Gears Up For The Plasma 5.22 Release Next Week

Phoronix: KDE Gears Up For The Plasma 5.22 Release Next Week

Next week will mark the release of the Plasma 5.22 desktop with its Wayland support now much more mature alongside various performance improvements and a variety of other enhancements. Plasma 5.22 is a big step forward while already some feature work is going into Plasma 5.23 and the next round of KDE application updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since probably the last Dolphin version, there is bug that turns the regular cursor into a resizing one when you move the cursor in and out of Dolphin's side bar a lot, which requires you to click several times to turn it back into the normal one. Very annoying, which is imho why a hotfix release would be justified. This is on Arch ngraham .

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Since probably the last Dolphin version, there is bug that turns the regular cursor into a resizing one when you move the cursor in and out of Dolphin's side bar a lot, which requires you to click several times to turn it back into the normal one. Very annoying, which is imho why a hotfix release would be justified. This is on Arch ngraham .
      Is it reported on bugs.kde.org? Or can you create a report? I am also on Arch and I personally don't have this issue.

Comment

Dolphin bug was reported and was fixed in 5.22. Ask distro maintainers for backport.

Comment

Speaking of GPU statistics, which ones are supported? I have Intel Xe with intel_gpu_top installed (and all the stuff that goes with it) which I would think should have support, but doesn't.

Comment

Seems a bit unrelated to the article, and it's also fixed already in Plasma 5.22: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=436473. Some distros have been backporting it. If yours isn't among them, go bug its packagers about this.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Speaking of GPU statistics, which ones are supported? I have Intel Xe with intel_gpu_top installed (and all the stuff that goes with it) which I would think should have support, but doesn't.
              Please file a bug on https://bugs/kde.org and we'll look into adding support. I know Nvidia stats are fully supported right now; not sure about AMD or Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
                Seems a bit unrelated to the article, and it's also fixed already in Plasma 5.22: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=436473. Some distros have been backporting it. If yours isn't among them, go bug its packagers about this.
                Thanks for the link. Yeah, I switched to Plasma 5.22 beta of kde-unstable Arch repo, which doesn't include the fix, unlike the Breeze 5.21.5-2 package in stable repo...

Comment

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I switched to Plasma 5.22 beta of kde-unstable Arch repo, which doesn't include the fix, unlike the Breeze 5.21.5-2 package in stable repo...
                  You could either file a new bug report on Arch bug tracker or just wait 3 days for Plasma 5.22 release.

Comment

I know that, I admit that I was a bit lazy doing bug research. Though that issue was incredibly annoying and the fixed package for Arch also landed just 3 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X