Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.93 LTS Released With Big Changes

Phoronix: Blender 2.93 LTS Released With Big Changes

Blender has introduced the Blender 2.93 LTS 3D creation suite as their last major milestone of the Blender 2.x series before moving to the next-generation 3D creation pipeline with Blender 3.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Epic Video -- Space Metal!

Comment

I would love to get into blender, I've tried over the years making very small progress here and there but never could get into it, can anybody here recommend a course or book? I would be eternally grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
        I would love to get into blender, I've tried over the years making very small progress here and there but never could get into it, can anybody here recommend a course or book? I would be eternally grateful.
        Blender 2.8 Launchpad is a great introductory course.

Comment

Once I tried blending two shapes in another modelling software. I showed it to my colleague and he said the blend effect wasn't strong enough. Next time I'll try blender.

Comment

For free:

For some cash:
            Discover CG Cookie, the ultimate platform for learning Blender! With 100+ courses, 3D models, and a global community, unleash your creativity today!

Comment

I mainly use Blender purely for rendering but from my experiences you probable need to pay attention to the publish dates of various courses/books/tutorials.
              Blender changes its interfaces (both UI and API) quite frequently and older tutorials usually won't 100% work for the latest version.

Comment

First learn the basics like box modeling and go from there. On YouTube there are a lot of tutorials. Recreate them, spend time in the software and experiment. If you save your work after every step, like it's a good habit, you can't break anything, so go crazy. Be a part of the community to be in the loop about trends and changes. Mastering Blender is like learning Emacs - good luck!

Comment

We used to use this professionally. Great tool once you're familiar, a little daunting to get into.

Comment

The best free introduction is Blender Fundamentals 2.8x:
                    Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D Creation Software

I find the best study material here:
                    Blender Studio is a web service that provides access the training videos and all the data from the Blender open projects.

It costs 10€ per month (Some part is free) and supports the creation of new projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X