Blender 2.93 LTS Released With Big Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zareami10 View Post

Blender 2.8 Launchpad is a great introductory course.
    I thought with 2.83 Blender was completely refreshed and its the first LTS (Long Term Support) release?

Comment

Originally posted by Firnefex View Post

I thought with 2.83 Blender was completely refreshed and its the first LTS (Long Term Support) release?
      The big UI changes happened in 2.80 and not 2.83, so this course does cover them.

Also as a side note the tutor is Zach, and whoever has slightly been involved with Blender in a more serious manner knows that his tutorials just can't be compared to the nonsense published by Blender Guru's Andrew Price or (most of the people at) CGcookie. The course is much better organized, covers the fundamentals, to the point, and is actually enjoyable to watch.

And well if money is the issue, it shouldn't be too hard to find it via other routes.
      Last edited by zareami10; 03 June 2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I am pretty new to Blender. I was kind of forced to take it up due to Covid restricting the places where I could shoot. But I am really glad I did. I am blown away by how easy it is to get stuff done and how well it works.. My advice for new people is like others make the donut with Blender Guru. After that decide what it is you really want to do. If you are modelling rooms there is no need to learn game character generation for example. Blender does a LOT don't get in the weeds stick to what you need. After that Youtube is your friend. When you need some thing specific just do a search for it on Youtube. If I had stuck to a conventional course it would have taken forever to discover arcipack which makes modeling buildings way easy.

Comment

Originally posted by zareami10 View Post

Blender 2.8 Launchpad is a great introductory course.
          Thank you!

Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post

First learn the basics like box modeling and go from there. On YouTube there are a lot of tutorials. Recreate them, spend time in the software and experiment. If you save your work after every step, like it's a good habit, you can't break anything, so go crazy. Be a part of the community to be in the loop about trends and changes. Mastering Blender is like learning Emacs - good luck!
          I know a lot about manipulating geometry already, enough to start doing things, my problem is everything else, ilumination, materials, basic animation, etc.

Originally posted by rickyx View Post
          The best free introduction is Blender Fundamentals 2.8x:
          https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials

I find the best study material here:
          https://cloud.blender.org
          It costs 10EUR per month (Some part is free) and supports the creation of new projects.
          Thank you,l much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X