Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theriddick
    replied
    Still missing display gamma adjustment (its supported with SWAY tiling WM).

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbine View Post

😅 You sort of get used to the CGI. And it does get a bit better each season.
    I have. Luckily I grew up with those kinds of graphics so them being the way they are is really nostalgic. It's the story that matters and it has a damn good story. At least up to S3E5.

I'd have been really upset about Sinclair and other cast members leaving if I was watching it back then. Watching it now with all the news and history available allows me to be a lot more understandable as to why people left.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by Termy View Post

As far as i can tell, David Edmundson isn't an NV employee? So without belitteling his efforts, it's a shame that nv did find someone to do their work for them :/

Besides that i'm looking forward to KCommandBar a lot ^^
    Here's a thought, you don't have to be an employee of a company to be given money to do a job for a company. Perhaps David or Nvidia could clear this one up ?

Leave a comment:

• Termy
    replied
    Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

That was Erik Kurzinger who contributed and he is Nvidia employee and he is that person who said recently nvidia driver that supports DMA-BUF is in works.
    the current additions came from David Edmundson though, and Nate confirmed he's not from NV.
    But you are right of course that at least the initial implementation was done by nvidia, as it should be.

Leave a comment:

• Turbine
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It is a good show. And you're right about paying attention to everything. I'm on season 3 and so many little details matter. I can already tell that this show is going in my list of favorites.

The 90's CGI does not stand the test of time. At the time I'd have thought it was bad ass. Granted, I'd have been 9 using the SNES as my comparison for top of the line graphics.
    😅 You sort of get used to the CGI. And it does get a bit better each season.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbine View Post

Babylon 5 is only the best sci-fi show ever. Pay attention to everything that happens.
    It is a good show. And you're right about paying attention to everything. I'm on season 3 and so many little details matter. I can already tell that this show is going in my list of favorites.

The 90's CGI does not stand the test of time. At the time I'd have thought it was bad ass. Granted, I'd have been 9 using the SNES as my comparison for top of the line graphics.

Leave a comment:

• Turbine
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    My KDE progress for the week was an Ubuntu install followed by a Fedora install with some kdesrc-build runs followed by an Arch install and doing some more runs while watching Babylon 5 (first time ever).

With any luck I'll be down to one or two build issues today....actual compile issues and not dependency resolution. I think I have all the rest of the Arch dependencies figured out (and documented). Also been taking notes on the documentation as I'm reading it. Since I use Zsh I noticed one part that was Bash specific. While the tool itself was smart enough to detect the shell and update the correct RC file, someone simply following the instructions might not catch that.

Fedora got on my nerves. Got tired of wondering if I needed the -devel, bin, or both for certain build issues. Plus it was the worst Plasma experience I've had in over 7 years. I did document a bunch of packages I had to install to resolve most of my build issues.
    Babylon 5 is only the best sci-fi show ever. Pay attention to everything that happens.

Leave a comment:

• piotrj3
    replied
    Originally posted by Termy View Post

As far as i can tell, David Edmundson isn't an NV employee? So without belitteling his efforts, it's a shame that nv did find someone to do their work for them :/

Besides that i'm looking forward to KCommandBar a lot ^^
    That was Erik Kurzinger who contributed and he is Nvidia employee and he is that person who said recently nvidia driver that supports DMA-BUF is in works.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    I'm happy. Finally got it all setup where kdesrc-build has the same build error as their Jenkins. Calligra.

I'm actually running the software from the article now

Leave a comment:

• d3coder
    replied
    Finally with involvement of KDE, wlroots, and Valve, Wayland as a protocol moves forward from stalled state. Many useful stuff is proposed and implemented by them, instead of implementing some home grown protocols like Gnome does. Or does it just seem to me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X