Chrome 91 Released With Gravity Sensor API, JSON Modules, WebAssembly SIMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 91 Released With Gravity Sensor API, JSON Modules, WebAssembly SIMD

Phoronix: Chrome 91 Released With Gravity Sensor API, JSON Modules, WebAssembly SIMD

Google has released Chrome 91 as a rather exciting feature update to their open-source, cross-platform web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beware, they've disabled hardware video decode acceleration; they also don't have an option to turn off these annoying Tab Hover Cards anymore.
    Last edited by ms178; 25 May 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

vaapi stop working in last version, now is removed in flags, if someone want to try it try command line flags I back to firefox I'm tired of this things, I want to watch some fhd or uhd and the things slimple lag

Comment

how about wayland support ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          how about wayland support ?
          nano .config/chromium-flags.conf

--enable-features=UseOzonePlatform
          --ozone-platform=wayland
          --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers
          --use-gl=egl

you are welcome ... AMD RX 570 8GB btw

Comment

v91.

I have already been building and using Chromium v92 for a month.

Comment

But where is the big announcement you teased us with?

Comment

Faster and more accurate keylogging too, I'm sure. Apple is probably furious - they are losing the keylogger race to google and MS.

Comment

I don't react about these things usually but this sentence is misleading: "Google has released Chrome 91 as a rather exciting feature update to their open-source, cross-platform web browser".
                  Chromium is the open-source part but Chrome a proprietary web browser, you cannot build it! I think this should be fixed for the few that don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                    Beware, they've disabled hardware video decode acceleration; they also don't have an option to turn off these annoying Tab Hover Cards anymore.
                    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                    vaapi stop working in last version, now is removed in flags, if someone want to try it try command line flags I back to firefox I'm tired of this things, I want to watch some fhd or uhd and the things slimple lag
                    The flag has been removed but you can still activate and use video hardware acceleration via this switch : -enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder , and it's working very well , play a video format which your hardware has decoding support on YouTube or any other , and navigate to media tab on DevTools , you will see : Hardware Decoder : True.
                    They have changed video hardware decoding implementation in every release since version 88 , from mojodecoder to anoters , and now it is VDAvideodecoder which seems to be the new implementation of a video decoder running on GPU
                    You can track the new decoder here : https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...tail?id=522298
                    Last edited by chromer; 26 May 2021, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X