Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no Passthrough support?

Comment

I had pipe wire already crash once, but it seems to recover automatically on its own. It seems to work mostly fine.

Comment

I switched to it on my main machine about 3 weeks ago and It works very well for me. It fixed audio crackling in some Windows games, Bluetooth audio functions without any issue so far, recording audio in Ardour works just fine, but sometime Ardour crashes when changing sample rate or the sever crashes when I pick too low sample rate like 64. Though it works pretty stable at 128. The latency though is a little bigger than with Jack, but we're talking like 3ms difference, not problem for me with guitar but I haven't tried recording drums yet. It might be tricky when playing some fast parts. On JACK even 5.3ms was a little too high and 2.3 worked.

Oh, and JACK's freewheeling feature is now implemented, so Ardour exports tracks just fine!

Comment

I've been using it for a while in Tumbleweed and it works fine, although it's not the default at the moment. To install it just install pipewire-pulse and don't worry about the packages that will be uninstalled. When finished, enable the systemd services.

Comment

Working...
          X