Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice Adds A Command Popup / HUD, Inspired By Half-Decade Old Microsoft Office Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Righteous
    replied
    Clippy 2.0

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post

You are right. It's even a lib from the same documentfoundation.org
    So, for more than 1 year they do not manage to put a tag on the lib and check it out in its current state to re-enable the LO .pages support...
    I'm not supposed to like this, or what did you suggest?
    I think your kind of screwed, but I'm able to install the dev version of it without issue.
    I have no idea if that fixed the Pages problem (although they say it does). I've never heard of Pages before today.

Leave a comment:

• gigi
    replied
    14 duplicates & 6 years

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

From that bug report you can see that it's waiting on a release from a different part of the project.
    I'm not sure what more you want them to do.
    You are right. It's even a lib from the same documentfoundation.org
    So, for more than 1 year they do not manage to put a tag on the lib and check it out in its current state to re-enable the LO .pages support...
    I'm not supposed to like this, or what did you suggest?

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post
    I would like to read .pages documents from my colleagues.
    But, the LO developers seem to be busy with other stuff...
    https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/....cgi?id=123571
    From that bug report you can see that it's waiting on a release from a different part of the project.
    I'm not sure what more you want them to do.

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    I would like to read .pages documents from my colleagues.
    But, the LO developers seem to be busy with other stuff...

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    It would be nice to have a screenshot...
    I tried to install the latest nightly but my system froze up when I double clicked the installer.

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied
    Canonical's HUD in Unity promised to address the same discoverability problem, universally. I remember it working pretty well in Gimp, not sure about LO; didn't play with it extensively enough. Too bad they were spreading themselves too thin and sort of abandoned their UX research in traditional GTK/GNOME-derived environments.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    It would be nice to have a screenshot...

Leave a comment:

• LibreOffice Adds A Command Popup / HUD, Inspired By Half-Decade Old Microsoft Office Feature

Phoronix: LibreOffice Adds A Command Popup / HUD, Inspired By Half-Decade Old Microsoft Office Feature

Adding to the changes building up for LibreOffice 7.2 ahead of its debut in August is a "Command Popup" or a heads-up display (HUD) of sorts for easily running LibreOffice commands...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X