X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Does it have support for editorconfig files? In that case, I recommend using it/them, it really simplifies and unifies setting formatting options! Even if you only use a small part of it, you can just copy them from project to project, and it will work for most editors. Even Vim (with add-on)!
    Nope, but there is an open report about it https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14013

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
    I've added the option Prefer single line comments in the Text Editor section.
    It's the tiniest change, but I absolutely hate how Qt Creator handles block comments by default.
    Also I don't like the default shortcut for toggling comments, but that could always be changed
    Does it have support for editorconfig files? In that case, I recommend using it/them, it really simplifies and unifies setting formatting options! Even if you only use a small part of it, you can just copy them from project to project, and it will work for most editors. Even Vim (with add-on)!

Leave a comment:

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    I've added the option Prefer single line comments in the Text Editor section.
    It's the tiniest change, but I absolutely hate how Qt Creator handles block comments by default.
    Also I don't like the default shortcut for toggling comments, but that could always be changed

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    I've tried using it multiple times, but have never managed to feel comfortable in it. It's like it wastes to much usable work-space, is a bit to slow, lacks refactoring tools, and the behavior of the drop-down list instead of multiple tabs infuriates me.
    I'm sad to say it, but I really wish it behaved more like Visual Studio. There are lots of ways in which VS is pretty bad, but it usually gets out of my wat when it comes to basic navigation (Go To Symbol/Go To File/Go To Line), editing, auto-completion and now it also has great refactoring/static-analysis proposals inlined in the editor.

Don't get me wrong, I work at least 8 hours a day in Visual Studio (since my work is Windows-focused) but I've been using Gentoo Linux full-time since 2002, at home.
    When coding at home, I usually use Vim with YouCompleteMe with clang backend, but I feel that I end up customising Vim (now NeoVim) more than I actually spend time coding.
    That's why I've been meaning to move to QtCreator instead, but like I said, that hasn't quite hit the spot either.
    Last edited by Azpegath; 06 May 2021, 04:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cen1 View Post
    Autocomplete is a bit slow for me when writing Qt/C++.
    Yeah, everything using C++ introspection has slowed down since they switched to the clang backend. At least it is more correct now and understands more code, but rather annoying to have to wait a few seconds for feedback in large files instead of being shown stuff immediatly like it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    I used QtCreator a lot but lately VSCode + clangd extension has been my default for C++ and has a plus of allowing having my Angular code in the same workspace

Leave a comment:

• dremon_nl
    replied
    For C++ (and Qt UI design) it is quite decent but lacks a good refactoring support. Simple renaming works most of the time but not always. There were some cmake annoyances as well. However comparing to JetBrains family of IDE (like IntelliJ or CLion for C++) it is insanely fast, both in startup and operation, because it's a native app, not a JVM monstrosity.

Leave a comment:

• zx2c4
    replied
    Sometimes I use Qt Creator when working on C kernel code, for Linux as well as the BSDs. Great IDE.

Leave a comment:

• cen1
    replied
    Autocomplete is a bit slow for me when writing Qt/C++.

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied
    Its my goto IDE for getting started with a c++ project.
    Very nice editor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X