MuSE 4.0 Free Software Digital Audio Workstation Brings Redesigned UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuSE 4.0 Free Software Digital Audio Workstation Brings Redesigned UI

Phoronix: MuSE 4.0 Free Software Digital Audio Workstation Brings Redesigned UI

MuSE is a MIDI and audio sequencer with audio recording and editing support. MuSE supports plug-ins to form a complete digital audio workstation. This GPL-licensed audio software is now up to version 4.0 and with it comes a redesigned user-interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Muse was great, I'm glad they've redesigned the interface.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Wow. I'll take a look. I would really like DAW software that handled windows VST instruments. Some of them say they support it but I always get a compatibility error when I try to run them.

Comment

I don't know why sequencers always have to lay out notes left to right. I mean, sure that follows the precedent that sheet music notation takes. But for me, my brain is wired to work with notes streaming from bottom to top, ala Synthesia. This way the notes on screen more easily translate to the keys on my digital piano keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
          Wow. I'll take a look. I would really like DAW software that handled windows VST instruments. Some of them say they support it but I always get a compatibility error when I try to run them.
          You mean Windows VST on Linux or just opensource app on Windows? I use Windows plugins in Ardour on Linux and they work as regular VST plugins so every DAW with VST support should detect them. Though it's done using Wine and you need to create a "link" - that is .so file pointing to the .dll. There are several solutions for that, but the one that works absolutely best for me is https://github.com/psycha0s/airwave

Comment

Working...
          X