Wine 6.7 Continues Work On Driver Plug & Play, Adds ES6 JavaScript Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.7 Continues Work On Driver Plug & Play, Adds ES6 JavaScript Mode

Phoronix: Wine 6.7 Continues Work On Driver Plug & Play, Adds ES6 JavaScript Mode

Wine 6.7 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release for running Windows games and applications on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please, can someone tell me what '(More) Plug & Play driver support' means? Maybe this changed since first implemention.

Comment

Originally posted by nist View Post
      Please, can someone tell me what '(More) Plug & Play driver support' means? Maybe this changed since first implemention.
      Try actually reading the release notes...

But short it can be taken literally to mean that more hardware designed for windows p&p use is supported

Comment

I think it means something someone plugs in and then plays with

Comment

Originally posted by FPScholten View Post

Try actually reading the release notes...

But short it can be taken literally to mean that more hardware designed for windows p&p use is supported
          I believe it has less to do with actual hardware and more to do with making DRM/anticheat software function.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

I believe it has less to do with actual hardware and more to do with making DRM/anticheat software function.
            Perhaps both. Not looking at it much further but definitely has to do with drivers and pnp...

ntoskrnl: Forbid unloading a driver with running root PnP devices.
            https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...m-devicechange ie
            ntoskrnl/tests: Add some tests for WM_DEVICECHANGE.
            Not thinking they are pulling naming here and applying it to whatever they want.

Comment

Working...
            X