No announcement yet.

Firefox 89 Beta Released With UI Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the graphics design like most people posting here, but come on, there's no way anyone can say the previous hamburger menu was better. It was garbage. At least that part is an objective improvement.

Comment

"Cohesive Visuals"
      Proceeds to make tabs and UI elements look nothing like anything anywhere else, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post

Did you try about:restore?
        After applying an update Firefox Nightly [sometime] it creates some backup files of currently open tabs (and saved) in current session in the folder ~.mozilla/firefox/profile_name/sessionstore-backups/ like that previous.jsonlz4, recovery.baklz4, recovery.jsonlz4, upgrade.jsonlz4-20210408190318, upgrade.jsonlz4-20210419195043, upgrade.jsonlz4-20210420191345. jsonlz4 are compressed JSON files using lz4 (unimportant detail).
        Something like https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/session_restore. Maybe this will help
        Unfortunately extensions like this don't do a good job https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ession-manager. After Firefox crash or power loss this extension stop working (corrupted database), everything that was saved was be lost.

Comment

That looks terrible, like it was designed by GNOME devs. I guess we can hope for "classic look" addons to save the day.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
            i guess its not enough that they totally fked up android version. now they want to ruin this one too.
            btw has anybody notice that recently the android garbage version has picking up the score. it was 3.8 a month or two ago and now is 4.6. makes me wonder how many accounts did they had to use to make that high. cause the review are still 1-2 stars most of the time
            The new Android version is a trillion times better than both Chrome Android and old Firefox combined. Bottom bar is so useful, i tried Chrome and my hand almost died. It is very good design and the only bad thing in Firefox Android is the lack of free extension store. I for example rated it 5 starts and would rate it 19 out of 20 stars if i could.

Comment

It appears to be a pleasant UI. It has my personal favor.

Comment

I just want to go back to, 2008. sure things were clunky. but man do I miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  That looks terrible, like it was designed by GNOME devs. I guess we can hope for "classic look" addons to save the day.
                  This is gonna need more than an addon/theme to save. If they take away userChrome.css functionality then we're screwed.

All I want is a minimalist interface with a non-touchscreen inspired layout with a tab bar and compact navigation / addon toolbar below. The rest of the interface can gtf out of the way. I don't care about hamburger menus vs traditional I don't use either I know the keyboard shortcuts.

Sadly it looks like my near 20 year use of firefox is coming to an end. They are listening to the wrong people.

Comment

I want a menubar!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      I want a menubar!
                      Left Alt button to toggle a menu bar. You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X