KDE Starts April By Landing KHamburgerMenu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
    Actually it's always been on the right side of the toolbar and we didn't get it from Google.
    It was invented 40 years ago at Xerox for the Xerox Star desktop.
    It's funny how people think all we see in user interfaces right now wasn't invented 40 years ago. Those who hate GNOME today would gladly enjoy the Workplace Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
      > The only way to get it working again is by setting something in the app's rc

Have you tried pressing Ctrl+M?
      Completele unintuitive. I had to come to the internet (many moons ago) for this answer. I'm no fan of the hamburger menu but as long as they let me keep my normal menus, I'm cool. One of the first things I have to do after a new install is select "show menu bar" in Dolphin and Firefox.

What I'd like to see is a stop to the ridiculousness of when I click on a menu item and the menu itself appears 2 inches down instead of immediately below the menu selection, as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by verude View Post

I'm talking about gnome's in particular, I'd say that most programs don't have a toolbar and the headerbar is no tinier than the titlebar + menu bar while showing less information, the only way I've found to reduce the size of the headerbar and csd elements is to use a modified gtk version, if there's a different way to accomplish this I'd like to know.
        Probably it's dependent on theme. If you check some GTK themes then you probably notice that they are more compact than Adwaita.

Comment

Working...
        X