Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Introduces "Quick Settings" Page, Lands More Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Introduces "Quick Settings" Page, Lands More Wayland Fixes

KDE developers are finishing the month of March strong with a number of new features and bug fixes for their open-source desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:
    These text editors will also warn y ou now

Comment

A variety of KDE Plasma Wayland session fixes from rash fixes
      Either Nate finally implemented the new Kortizone feature or that's a typo. Y'all be the judge for that one.

Comment

A variety of KDE Plasma Wayland session fixes from rash fixes
        This is revolutionary. I no longer have to visit a doctor or pharmacy for rashes? I just need to boot up a distribution on a Plasma Wayland session?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

This is revolutionary. I no longer have to visit a doctor or pharmacy for rashes? I just need to boot up a distribution on a Plasma Wayland session?
          Gotta love Kortizone.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
            Typo:
            These text editors will also warn y ou now
            Wait for me! Typo:

These text editors will also warn you now if trying to run them with sudo/kdesu.

Comment

KDE is so complicated it had to intruduce settings of settings.
              Just joking I am using it myself

Comment

I fear this is the beginning of the dumbing down of KDE.

Just kidding; 5.21 and the horrible new menu was that.

(Yes, I know you can jump through hoops to install the old one. I don't understand why it isn't automatically available under "Show Alternatives".

Comment

The good thing about reporting KDE bugs is you don't have to worry about these release notes. You know in advance nothing was fixed, because you didn't receive anything in your email.

Of course, that's just me being mean. Really, just the other day I was notified my bug report about Qt scaling not working right on two monitors with different aspect ratios was closed with "not a bug" (?!?) while politely referring me to use a Wayland session instead. Of course, their Wayland support isn't out of tech preview yet and there's a handful of other bugs I reported about Plasma that make me unable to use it, but hey...

piorunz It's not really setting of settings, it's a more mundane MRU list. But I appreciate the humor

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    The good thing about reporting KDE bugs is you don't have to worry about these release notes. You know in advance nothing was fixed, because you didn't receive anything in your email.

Of course, that's just me being mean. Really, just the other day I was notified my bug report about Qt scaling not working right on two monitors with different aspect ratios was closed with "not a bug" (?!?) while politely referring me to use a Wayland session instead. Of course, their Wayland support isn't out of tech preview yet and there's a handful of other bugs I reported about Plasma that make me unable to use it, but hey...
                    I remember that bug report, because I was the one who closed it. There was nothing for us to fix: you were using the PLASMA_USE_QT_SCALING=1 environment variable to improve HiDPI on X11, which is known to worsen mixed-DPI multi-monitor setups (which are already not supported on X11) That's the trade-off you make when you use that setting, which is why it's not done by default. You have the option to stop using that environment variable, or you can use Wayland, where both HiDPI and mixed DPI display setups are properly supported. The Wayland session is improving by leaps and bounds and is quite close to usable IMO, and I'm super picky about what I consider usable, as I think you're aware.

Comment

Working...
                    X