GNOME 40 Release Candidate Arrives Ahead Of Next Week's Official Debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brent View Post
    Obviously it's not a good idea to update at this point if you want to use GNOME productively. I would wait for at least .1 releases of shell/mutter and related packages.
    Also no extensions ported yet (except for AppIndicator).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      At least... please tell me.... there is an option to boot up on the desktop instead of Activities...
      Not yet: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome.../-/issues/3854

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
        That's a different thing. It's about not going to or leaving the overview when some apps are autostarted at session initiation.
        What would be a required extension for many to move on with Gnome 40 is that the session boot into the desktop (not the overview), period. With or without any application set to be started automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

I thought the same but you can add directories in GNOME Settings.
          Oh, that's a strange place for such a setting, I thought it would be under the GNOME Music settings and be app-specific. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

Also no extensions ported yet (except for AppIndicator).
            Actually there are a few that are ported but due to it reporting 40.rc you can’t see half the extensions on extensions.gnome.org.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCluster View Post

Actually there are a few that are ported but due to it reporting 40.rc you can’t see half the extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
              AFAIK the site doesn't hide incompatible extensions, it just stops you from installing them unless you set that gsettings flag.

Comment

True but if your not paying attention it defaults to compatible only and it’s hard to tell which would be valid if it wasn’t accounting for the rc tag being expected. My point was just that it’s really confusing right now even though there seems to be a decent start already.

Comment

Well there's little point in installing incompatible extensions anyway right now, they sort of worked until the RC but now they're definitely broken (the ones I use of course).

Comment

Working...
                  X