Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Minute GNOME Shell + Mutter 40 Release Candidate Changes

Phoronix: The Last Minute GNOME Shell + Mutter 40 Release Candidate Changes

GNOME developers remain very busy as they approach the finish line for GNOME 40...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anybody know when Gnome 40 will land in Debian Sid? At least some of the packages are already in experimental.

Comment

Still memory leaks in a desktop without even basic functionality?

Comment

Do they still use that horrible user interface that looks like a mix of android/mac??

funny thing, about 5 years ago I complained that virtual desktops should move horizontally and not vertically but they refused my suggestion, what idiots... now with gnome 40 they are advertising their horizontal virtual desktops... hahaha took them 5 years to understand what is needed by the users. With that kind of attitude, gnome 1000 will look like a regular MATE/Cinnamon desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
          Still memory leaks in a desktop without even basic functionality?
          This is no KDE Thread, you're wrong here.

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
          Do they still use that horrible user interface that looks like a mix of android/mac??
          funny thing, about 5 years ago I complained that virtual desktops should move horizontally and not vertically but they refused my suggestion, what idiots... n
          I liked the vertical arrangement and I'm highly in fear they made it worse by arranging them horizontally, haven't tested yet. Anyway, from my perspective: Thanks for nothing.

Comment

people who keep using gnome/chrome/ms office and even game dev who choice directx api without clear reason

make me hate humanity

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post

funny thing, about 5 years ago I complained that virtual desktops should move horizontally and not vertically but they refused my suggestion, what idiots... now with gnome 40 they are advertising their horizontal virtual desktops... hahaha took them 5 years to understand what is needed by the users. With that kind of attitude, gnome 1000 will look like a regular MATE/Cinnamon desktop
              Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

This is no KDE Thread, you're wrong here.

I liked the vertical arrangement and I'm highly in fear they made it worse by arranging them horizontally, haven't tested yet. Anyway, from my perspective: Thanks for nothing.
                My monitors are horizontal and for 20 years it's been vertical for virtual, horizontal for physical and pretty much every desktop has accommodated that. I last used 3.38 so if this change is horizontal for virtual only....yeah, I hear ya....

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                  people who keep using gnome/chrome/ms office and even game dev who choice directx api without clear reason

make me hate humanity
                  I'm not gonna knock people for using shit that just works. Shit that I don't like, and a necessary evil in regards to Chrome, but just works none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

make me hate humanity
                    Let me get this clear, people who use GNOME "without clear reason" make you hate humanity?

Dude, get some help. Ain't none of your business who uses what software.

Comment

Working...
                    X