Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.22 Adds Adaptive Opacity + Will Avoid Useless Rendering When Screen Is Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3coder View Post
    > Kate can now automatically preserve and restore unsaved files when quit and re-launched.

Whoa, great
    A bit late to the party, though. Various Linux text editors have had this feature for quite a while now, even in Qt land (Deepin Text Editor). But better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Yeah, I agree that KDE is very flexible. Maybe a bit too flexible, because it gets overwhelming.
      Windows is very, very flexible too, but with Windows flexibility is always a pro in people's eyes, including yours…

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainLugnuts View Post
        Gentlemen!
        Let us all agree they both are awful and that XFCE is best.
        Ah, good to see you again, DebianXFCE! We've had too many GNOME vs KDE flame wars lately without your Xfce marketing for far too long now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Windows is very, very flexible too, but with Windows flexibility is always a pro in people's eyes, including yours…
          Windows is flexible while feeling easy to use. KDE just throws everything at you, I find it overwhelming.
          I think KDE would be much better if it had something like GNOME Tweaks or dconf Editor in GNOME or about:config in Firefox so that it is clean and all the advanced settings are hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            What I would love to read is "plasma on Wayland is finally considered stable and on par with X11"
            For real though !
            Waiting for that day as well.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that KDE is very flexible. Maybe a bit too flexible, because it gets overwhelming.

Yeah, GNOME is pretty user-friendly, but KDE is not.
              Gnome is good at removing useful features, so yes, featureless software is user friendly.

Comment

Windows is flexible while feeling easy to use. KDE just throws everything at you, I find it overwhelming.
                I think KDE would be much better if it had something like GNOME Tweaks or dconf Editor in GNOME or about:config in Firefox so that it is clean and all the advanced settings are hidden.
                If there was two modes, a simple mode and an advanced mode, which options should we put in the advanced mode and which options should we put in the simple mode? and if some option isn't simple nor advanced, should we put it on a third mode?

As a user should i leave my settings on advanced mode or simple mode, if i choose the simple mode that might be too simple for me, if i chose the advanced mode that might be too complicated for me and it'd make me feel dumb for choosing the advanced mode.

It isn't that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  Windows is very, very flexible too…
                  In what? Making a totally bullshit DE a bit less bullshit? All presets are bad.
                  I could never configure my desktop the way I want because it is very limited.
                  And how long did it take for WIndows to have e.g. a dark mode or other useful things?

Windows is flexible while feeling easy to use.
                  If you think it's easy, that's because you already know how it works. It's not very intuitive and there are so many restrictions after turning something off because Microsoft doesn't want you to do it. And all these nuisance popups and cryptic messages are really easy for a newbie to understand...

Comment

Originally posted by Firnefex View Post
                    If you think it's easy, that's because you already know how it works. It's not very intuitive and there are so many restrictions after turning something off because Microsoft doesn't want you to do it. And all these nuisance popups and cryptic messages are really easy for a newbie to understand...
                    I don't have any of these cryptic messages or popups. It's not only me that seems to be getting along just fine with Windows, the whole world does.

Comment

It's not only me that seems to be getting along just fine with Windows, the whole world does.
                      Thats because it is a sad standard. They "have to" use it, as most people in the world don't even know what Linux is.
                      But nearly every person I know says that Win7 was the last Windows they were ok with.

I think this is also reflected in the meanwhile flattening Linux Mint boom, because Cinnamon is a desktop environment what Windows should have looked like, not those mobile tile things...
                      Last edited by Firnefex; 10 March 2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X