Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.22 Adds Adaptive Opacity + Will Avoid Useless Rendering When Screen Is Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again KDE vs. GNOME wars started but the true Master of DEs is Budgie!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      I've been thinking about it often and always came to the conclusion that desktops continue rendering nonetheless because they probably can't know if the screen is on or off.
      Iirc, when you turn off a DP monitor, it actually goes away (as if unplugged). So that's easy to tell. HDMI doesn't do that though, so it might be tougher.
      Bear in mind, I have little knowledge of inner working of DP and HDMI, this is just something I've picked up at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Yeah, GNOME is pretty user-friendly, but KDE is not.
        You must be confusing "user friendly" with "idiot proof". A common mistake.

To me, Gnome is as confusing as trying to navigate iOS without a back button.

Comment

KDE looks so terrible, awful and confusing. The most user-unfriendly and worst usability desktop of all time.
          This is what I call a sad life, stick around like a lost soul initiating flame wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

This propaganda is boring. KDE and Gnome are much more user friendly than winblows ever was.
            Not really. I mean Windows has its quirks, just like Kde and Gnome, but in the end is pretty usable

Comment

Yeah, GNOME is pretty user-friendly, but KDE is not.
              Please stop, I'm trying not to laugh

Comment

Gentlemen!
                Let us all agree they both are awful and that XFCE is best.
                Also, turn off all the compositing and effects junk. All it does is burn CPU and GPU cycles for no benefit.

Comment

The tribalism regarding DEs is baffling. A lot of us found ourselves migrating to kde when our previous choice just stopped working due to design choices. It has nothing to do with loyalty. Lamenting someone else's forced choice is putting a square peg in a round hole.

Comment

KDE is most complete Desktop now we have in open-source world.

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

Not really. I mean Windows has its quirks, just like Kde and Gnome, but in the end is pretty usable
                      It'd be usable if the search wasn't hot garbage :P The massive latency would be bad enough as is, but the fact that it only sometimes gives you the application you want just makes using it a nightmare.

For one, try searching "uninstall". Half the time, the first result, instead of "Add or remove programs" or whatever the entry is called, it gives you just the settings app itself:

Settings
                      Related: "uninstall"
                      Last edited by QwertyChouskie; 07 March 2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X