Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Moving To A 4-Week Release Cycle

Phoronix: Chrome Moving To A 4-Week Release Cycle

Google has been delivering new Chrome milestone releases on a six week cycle for more than one decade while moving ahead they are shifting to a four-week cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Google probably just doesn't want Firefox to pass them in version number

Comment

Version 236 is just around the corner.

Comment

Star this issue
        If you're tired of chrome/chromium having a uselessly thick border is standard mode (that utilizes CSDs), even though the default themes for KDE, Gnome (+ Ubuntu's Yaru) don't have thick borders, and even thought the windows, macOS, and chrome OS versions don't have an ugly thick border. Give Linux the same level of respect.

Comment

Chrome and Firefox is having a race to the bottom when it comes to release cadence. Every time there's a "major" update, a ton of shitty websites picks it up as if it's "news" and give the browsers the publicity that they crave for. The more often they release, the more publicity. Is this of some benefit to end-users? I doubt it.

Comment

I love it when my spyware and keyloggers are on a tight release schedule. Makes me feel loved.

Comment

Moving to an artificially compressed release schedule is precisely why Mac OS X has become a cesspool of buggy releases.

Comment

Maybe Google has and will commit the resources to do this, but it looks to me like a 50% increase in required testing for a benefit that isn't clear. Is there a necessity to release more often?

Comment

Next week:
                  "Mozilla Moving to A 3-Week Release Cycle..."

Comment

So it wasn't buggy enough yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X