Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mez'
    replied
    What we see here is the drawback of Agile and Scrum specifically. For what release frequency is Agile/Scrum still relevant?
    How much is too much? They can develop on a sprint schedule, but they don't have to release after every sprint...
    It's getting to a point where it's becoming a stereotype of itself. Every new half feature is good enough for pushing a release.

That's why I'll always prefer Lean over Agile.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    I love it when my spyware and keyloggers are on a tight release schedule. Makes me feel loved.
    Let's be honest, you just like it tight.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    So it wasn't buggy enough yet?

Leave a comment:

• ivan.cwb
    replied
    Next week:
    "Mozilla Moving to A 3-Week Release Cycle..."

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied
    Maybe Google has and will commit the resources to do this, but it looks to me like a 50% increase in required testing for a benefit that isn't clear. Is there a necessity to release more often?

Leave a comment:

• fazalmajid
    replied
    Moving to an artificially compressed release schedule is precisely why Mac OS X has become a cesspool of buggy releases.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    I love it when my spyware and keyloggers are on a tight release schedule. Makes me feel loved.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Chrome and Firefox is having a race to the bottom when it comes to release cadence. Every time there's a "major" update, a ton of shitty websites picks it up as if it's "news" and give the browsers the publicity that they crave for. The more often they release, the more publicity. Is this of some benefit to end-users? I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• ikeahloe
    replied
    Star this issue
    If you're tired of chrome/chromium having a uselessly thick border is standard mode (that utilizes CSDs), even though the default themes for KDE, Gnome (+ Ubuntu's Yaru) don't have thick borders, and even thought the windows, macOS, and chrome OS versions don't have an ugly thick border. Give Linux the same level of respect.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Version 236 is just around the corner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X