GNOME 40 Beta Released With Many Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Not only getting old. The dot menu problem with gnome applications in fact makes it hard to configure for different disabled people users. Being able to keyboard only navigate with a restricted set of keys does have some important use cases.
    Gnome certainly has a number of accessibility functions, including mouse keys, zoom, click assist, etc. Maybe you can recommend them to birdie .

Comment

The Spectrum and the Commodore 64 both had their good points and their bad points. Same with the Archimedes, the Amiga and even the ST (if you were into making music). I know people who like Windows because it has all the games, and two people I can think of (Linux Torvalds, and a friend of mine) even made good use of the QL.

But sure, the people who like KDE, and not that GNOME garbage, are the trolls.

Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
        Fantastic question. Its been better since 2000.
        i switched to october gnome. it was 1999 https://lwn.net/1999/1014/a/gnomeoctober.html

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i switched to october gnome. it was 1999 https://lwn.net/1999/1014/a/gnomeoctober.html
          Sure, we can go back further I personally think it was better around Gnome 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
            How do you manage your workflow without those extensions in the meantime?​​​​
            my workflow doesn't use extensions since gnome 3.0. turns out they aren't needed

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              a desktop PC DE must be usable without the mouse/touch{screen|pad}. Gnome =>3, KDE => 4 and Windows >= 8 are all complete failures in this regard
              maybe because i didn't waste so much time as you on kde and windows, i know that gnome is perfectly usable without mouse/touch

Comment

Originally posted by DKJones View Post
                But sure, the people who like KDE, and not that GNOME garbage, are the trolls.

Funny.
                Isn't hypocritical to post that comment especially from those disliking GNOME in this topic related to that desktop environment?

Comment

Originally posted by wooptoo View Post

This is excellent news! Epiphany is a very capable web browser and I'm happy we have a backup/alternative to the big names. I was very surprised to find that they have already implemented support for Firefox Sync. But this means we'll also have extensions like Bitwarden and uBlock Origin working in the future.
                  I sometimes use it to browse documentation since it's lighter than both Chrome and Firefox.
                  Epiphany is permanently glued to the GTK3 and webkitgtk versions that a distribution ships with. Which is a huge no-go in my book.

Even Microsoft belatedly realized that something as important as a browser should be kept as separate from the base operating system components as much as possible when they went with Chromium-based Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post
                    I don't understand: yhey're obsessed with this tablet oriented vision while there is absolutely no market or utility of gnome on tablets.
                    I wish they focus on what actually people use Gnome for: Desktop PC.
                    so how many people will pay for gnome on desktop pc?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                      Epiphany is permanently glued to the GTK3 and webkitgtk versions that a distribution ships with. Which is a huge no-go in my book.
                      since distribution ships both epiphany and its libraries, it looks like a perfect solution
                      Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                      Even Microsoft belatedly realized that something as important as a browser should be kept as separate from the base operating system components as much as possible when they went with Chromium-based Edge.
                      maybe because there's no "distribution version of gtk3" on windows?

Comment

Working...
                      X