Firefox 86.0 Released With Total Cookie Protection, Stack Clash Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 86.0 Released With Total Cookie Protection, Stack Clash Protection

Phoronix: Firefox 86.0 Released With Total Cookie Protection, Stack Clash Protection

Firefox 86.0 is out today as the latest monthly update to this open-source web browser that continues to work on ramping up its security offerings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good step. Security is important as never in Internet infected by google.

Comment

Picture-in-Picture again? Why?

I know I should shut up and (try to) do this myself, but someone should release a fork of Firefox with all of the damn features no sane person would ever use disabled by default. Notifications off, location sharing off, camera sharing off, VR/AR sharing off, and now Picture-in-Picture off.

Comment

Does this mean Multi-Account Container extension is now redundant?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

I know I should shut up and (try to) do this myself, but someone should release a fork of Firefox with all of the damn features no sane person would ever use disabled by default. Notifications off, location sharing off, camera sharing off, VR/AR sharing off, and now Picture-in-Picture off.
          I do use Picture-in-Picture and I do consider myself a sane person. I usually use it to have a video playing in a small windows while doing something else.

But I mostly agree with the notifications. Though after I get asked about for notifications once, I disable them globally anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.

Comment

You can please some of the people all the time, most of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time, welcome to the human race.

If we had nothing to tweak us nerds and geeks would complain we had nothing to tweak.

Comment

Some more details here: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2021/0...ie-protection/

Nice image about the "Total Cookie Protection for Firefox":

Comment

This version also finally makes the Wayland backend update based on frame callbacks - i.e. at display refresh rate when visible or not at all when not visible.

Comment

Yes, every settings combo should have its own dedicated distribution
                  Don't want the features? Disable them yourself, they'll stay like that forever.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    Some more details here: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2021/0...ie-protection/

Nice image about the "Total Cookie Protection for Firefox":

I'm going to stick with "reject 3rd party cookies", but this is a nice addition.
                    Cookies are meant for session data, not to enable 3rd parties to build businesses on top of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X