No announcement yet.

Kodi 19 Released With Python 3 Transition Complete, AV1 Software Decode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm late to the party, but I recently started using Kodi to give new life to an old HDTV I had lying around. It's like 13 years old or something but it's way to good to throw away so I put it up in the bedroom connected to an old laptop running Kodi. Does that make it a "smart-TV"? IMO it does... 🤓

Very happy with Kodi BTW! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by chewitt View Post
      It's updating all the Python-based add-ons that takes effort .. many are done, many more to go!
      If it would be just python the transition would be easy. But they choose a horrible xml based format for the addons that represent python code.

For Example anidb.xml its a pain to modify and i didn't find tools for it to convert them to better readable python code.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post

If it would be just python the transition would be easy. But they choose a horrible xml based format for the addons that represent python code.

For Example anidb.xml its a pain to modify and i didn't find tools for it to convert them to better readable python code.
        WTH Maybe they got the idea backwards? This is supposed to be the serialized form of the AST, not the one people work with.

Comment

That is the way to use the scraper framework.

Comment

First off, congrats on this. I discovered Kodi a couple/few years ago, running on Windows 10, and was immediately impressed. I don't use it much, but just installed 19 and I think I will try and use it more. I live in a smaller place and do not have television, just my desktop setup that can also server to watch media, etc. I'd often just launch video from the command line with MPV and then enable full screen. But Kodi is pretty cool, again I think I will try and use it more.

On the subject of "smart" televisions:

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            I guess I'm late to the party, but I recently started using Kodi to give new life to an old HDTV I had lying around. It's like 13 years old or something but it's way to good to throw away so I put it up in the bedroom connected to an old laptop running Kodi. Does that make it a "smart-TV"? IMO it does... 🤓

Very happy with Kodi BTW! 👍
            I would love to see more "big screen" monitors, meaning without all the excess smart logic built in, but that seems maybe unlikely, at least not at a good price point. When I do eventually have a setup with a larger screen, I'd love to control the brains of the thing, just want the television to be a monitor. Not sure what I am getting at But I suppose there are always options!

Comment

Congrats! Happy user here. Been using it on my linux HTPC for years and only recently moved towards the Android version on the new Chromecast.
              Hopefully my favorite plugins are able to migrate soon!

Comment

Working...
              X