X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smartalgorithm
    replied
    Originally posted by chuckula View Post

They're giving you a lesson in quantum physics: If you try to measure the CPU, then you irrevocably change it!
    In the model of quantum physics of Ksysguard the irrevocable change in the measurement error is less than 2%.

Leave a comment:

• Riotvan
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post
    I tried installing KDE, but this baloo extractor seems quite busy doing some heavy lifting in the background. I wonder how long it takes to index less than 100 GB.
    Usually disable that with balooctl disable. My file system is organized so I don’t need search though.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    I tried installing KDE, but this baloo extractor seems quite busy doing some heavy lifting in the background. I wonder how long it takes to index less than 100 GB.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
    This new "Plasma System Monitor" takes 10% of my CPU...
    They're giving you a lesson in quantum physics: If you try to measure the CPU, then you irrevocably change it!

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Some features have been neither integrated nor fixed as it was wrongly stated.

Leave a comment:

• mtk0
    replied
    thought i read about early fingerprint reader support from 5.21. anyone notice anything working?

Leave a comment:

• smartalgorithm
    replied
    Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

We at Fedora KDE-SIG are going to release F34 with Wayland enabled by default :-)

PS: in my humble opinion is not yet ready but... hey, it's a bleeding edge distro!
    Yep... So if you know your users and what they like, and also all the risks, then it's a nice choice... Although i wouldn't consider such a liberal distro...
    To be fair, in general i like with the nice configs turned on by default in Fedora, which isn't there in my distro...

Leave a comment:

• Damnshock
    replied
    Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post

best is when your distro ships it turned on by default... on that regard i trust my distro with choices like this...
    We at Fedora KDE-SIG are going to release F34 with Wayland enabled by default :-)

PS: in my humble opinion is not yet ready but... hey, it's a bleeding edge distro!

Leave a comment:

• extremesquared
    replied
    "Rewritten configuration pages, cleaner and easier to use" is probably triggering memories of certain events that led to a lot of us transitioning to KDE around ten years ago.
    Looks good though.

Leave a comment:

• smartalgorithm
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Gonna give this a try asap, but I don't have any expectations for Wayland support until the devs themselves declare it ready. Probably not even then.
    best is when your distro ships it turned on by default... on that regard i trust my distro with choices like this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X