No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.21 Released With Better Wayland Support, Desktop Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how a 3D animation is used to illustrate a UI that follows the 2D Metro concept.
    I'll go grind my teeth in the corner about flat UI...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I just don't get why Michael always needs to make it about Wayland first.
      Because it's the most important thing. For me.
      I'm still on Plasma 20.05 on X11 because Wayland is still glitchy and hopefully Plasma 21 will be my first move to Wayland by default.
      Waiting for KDE Neon with Plasma 21.

Comment

A contributor name Gustavo Carneiro passed away from covid-19. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Gonna give this a try asap, but I don't have any expectations for Wayland support until the devs themselves declare it ready. Probably not even then.
          best is when your distro ships it turned on by default... on that regard i trust my distro with choices like this...

Comment

"Rewritten configuration pages, cleaner and easier to use" is probably triggering memories of certain events that led to a lot of us transitioning to KDE around ten years ago.
            Looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post

best is when your distro ships it turned on by default... on that regard i trust my distro with choices like this...
              We at Fedora KDE-SIG are going to release F34 with Wayland enabled by default :-)

PS: in my humble opinion is not yet ready but... hey, it's a bleeding edge distro!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

We at Fedora KDE-SIG are going to release F34 with Wayland enabled by default :-)

PS: in my humble opinion is not yet ready but... hey, it's a bleeding edge distro!
                Yep... So if you know your users and what they like, and also all the risks, then it's a nice choice... Although i wouldn't consider such a liberal distro...
                To be fair, in general i like with the nice configs turned on by default in Fedora, which isn't there in my distro...

Comment

thought i read about early fingerprint reader support from 5.21. anyone notice anything working?

Comment

Some features have been neither integrated nor fixed as it was wrongly stated.

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
                      This new "Plasma System Monitor" takes 10% of my CPU...
                      They're giving you a lesson in quantum physics: If you try to measure the CPU, then you irrevocably change it!

Comment

Working...
                      X