Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 6.2 Brings Mono 6.0 Engine, NTDLL Debugger APIs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 6.2 Brings Mono 6.0 Engine, NTDLL Debugger APIs

    Phoronix: Wine 6.2 Brings Mono 6.0 Engine, NTDLL Debugger APIs

    What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day weekend with some wine... Wine 6.2 is out as the latest bi-weekly development snapshot for running Windows games and applications on Linux/macOS...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-6.2-Released

  • #2
    This wine version add new build dependency:

    configure: jxrlib 32-bit development files not found, JPEG-XR won't be supported.

    ubuntu 20.04 dont provide this lib in i386, only x64 but this can be fixed using debian packages

    https://packages.debian.org/sid/libjxr-dev

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      This wine version add new build dependency:

      configure: jxrlib 32-bit development files not found, JPEG-XR won't be supported.

      ubuntu 20.04 dont provide this lib in i386, only x64 but this can be fixed using debian packages

      https://packages.debian.org/sid/libjxr-dev

      That's why I run Arch and Manjaro, so I can have everything Linux offers instead of some arbitrary group of people deciding what users should need. Seriously, it's quite bizarre that so many distros suddenly decided that 32 bit support was no longer necessary, when obviously it is.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
        This wine version add new build dependency:

        configure: jxrlib 32-bit development files not found, JPEG-XR won't be supported.

        ubuntu 20.04 dont provide this lib in i386, only x64 but this can be fixed using debian packages

        https://packages.debian.org/sid/libjxr-dev

        We are in 2021, honestly if you have computers that are not 64bit, that means they are more than 10yo.
        That's your responsibility, so don't complain about not getting the very latest software when you don't make the effort of getting decently recent hardware on your side...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rmfx View Post

          We are in 2021, honestly if you have computers that are not 64bit, that means they are more than 10yo.
          That's your responsibility, so don't complain about not getting the very latest software when you don't make the effort of getting decently recent hardware on your side...
          Nice troll there, bud.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rmfx View Post

            We are in 2021, honestly if you have computers that are not 64bit, that means they are more than 10yo.
            That's your responsibility, so don't complain about not getting the very latest software when you don't make the effort of getting decently recent hardware on your side...
            This is about how Wine on a 64-bit OS requires both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of its dependencies if you want to support both 64-bit and 32-bit EXEs because it must build parallel 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the DLLs that proxy WinAPI stuff like image loaders to native Linux libraries to accommodate how Microsoft decided to implement WoW64.

            They'll have to change that eventually but, right now, that's how it works and they're focusing their limited developer time on improving application compatibility in ways can't can't be worked around simply by seting up multi-arch on your distro.
            Last edited by ssokolow; 12 February 2021, 09:05 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post

              Nice troll there, bud.
              Not trolling, just the truth.

              I am tired of cheapskates not bothering to invest 300 dollars a decade in hardware, complaining at devs that they are not spending hours of hard work to support their need.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rmfx View Post

                Not trolling, just the truth.

                I am tired of cheapskates not bothering to invest 300 dollars a decade in hardware, complaining at devs that they are not spending hours of hard work to support their need.
                This is not about hardware, but about software! I have ryzen, but still need 32bit libs for 32bit apps, like game launchers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rmfx View Post

                  Not trolling, just the truth.

                  I am tired of cheapskates not bothering to invest 300 dollars a decade in hardware, complaining at devs that they are not spending hours of hard work to support their need.
                  a lot of software is still 32bit only. the origin game client from EA is 32 bit, even though one of the biggest games on it is battlefield v that's 64 bit lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It will be great when the day comes that 64bit wine containers can work with 32bit stuff better such as installing dependencies that typically only install on 32bit containers.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X