KDE Ends Out January With A Lot Of Fixes For Plasma 5.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbcox View Post

> When the name of the author has been removed, another one has been put, another license has been put, another copyright
    > has been put (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...62#post1235262) ... and someone says that this is a "pissing match",
    > others are going to notice something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Yeah, and there will always be someone clutching their pearls in abject horror as they race to post a portion of a response out of context.
    Now a strawman argument? Trying to ridicule people everyone else who knows what legal affairs are? After hearing that and such falsehoods as "Plasma 5.21 certainly exists" and "pissing match" I'm not going to waste my time reading more of the same.

Comment

As I said, you're making a distinction without a difference.
      Yeah, but if the difference is zero and you're dividing by it then you get undefined behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Yeah, but if the difference is zero and you're dividing by it then you get undefined behavior.
        Actually, if there is no difference, the number is the same, so you are dividing it by itself. In which case, the answer is always 1.

Comment

the answer is always 1.
          The answer is 42, or 420 if you like popsicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
            > Plasma 5.21 certainly exists

People are still developing in order that it exists. It doesn't exist, of course. A coronavirus vaccine didn't exist when they were still developing.
            Of course Plasma-5.21 already exists. Since 10 days plasma-5.21 beta is out. You can install it already. There will be no new features, no new UI-strings, just possible bug-fixes that beta-users report, so it's more than likely that what you see is the final product.
            And in the same way a Vaccine already existed when it entered the test phase (which took several months). It likely didn't change until the final product you can use now was released.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              The answer is 42, or 420 if you like popsicles.
              But what is the question??? And what kid of popsicles are you talking about - or is that the question?
              GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

I for one am looking forward to this new version. The change from 5.19 to 5.20 was pretty significant for my use case - particularly since I was able to go to a smooth Plasma Wayland on my non-nVidia laptop. If the 5.20 to 5.21 upgrade is even 25% as good, I will be a happy Neon camper.
                GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Working...
                X