No announcement yet.

Wine 6.1 Brings VKD3D 1.2 Support, Improvement For Apple M1 Macs With Rosetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.1 Brings VKD3D 1.2 Support, Improvement For Apple M1 Macs With Rosetta

Phoronix: Wine 6.1 Brings VKD3D 1.2 Support, Improvement For Apple M1 Macs With Rosetta

Following the release of Wine 6.0 stable earlier this month, Wine 6.1 is now available as the first bi-weekly development snapshot that will ultimately culminate with the Wine 7.0 stable release next year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo!! Rossetta

Comment

I did a little test to compare WineD3D Vulkan and OpenGL rendering backends against DXVK GIT in the game Overwatch. Interesting results:

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        I did a little test to compare WineD3D Vulkan and OpenGL rendering backends against DXVK GIT in the game Overwatch. Interesting results:
        So DXVK beats everything by a lot. And both Vulkan (except the last frame) and OpenGL seem to become CPU bound (one thread 100%), while DXVK the max thread isn't even at 50%.

Thank you for sharing the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
          Thanks for your results

Resuming wined3d opengl - vulkan.......still sucks

Comment

Xaero_Vincent
            Is it just me, or the contrast is much better on your third screenshot (wine vulkan)? In comparison, other screenshots seem overexposed, with less dynamic range.

Edit: are you from https://www.x-aero.com.au?
            Last edited by M@yeulC; 01 February 2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X