Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GParted 1.2 Released With Support For exFAT File-Systems

Phoronix: GParted 1.2 Released With Support For exFAT File-Systems

GParted as the widely used, GUI solution for managing Linux partitions/file-systems on the Linux desktop now finally supports dealing with exFAT file-systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GParted is a fantastic program. These new features are sure to make Linux great again.

Comment

Long Live Gparted !

Comment

GParted is not a front-end to Parted, is it? I've just tried it and noticed that it sees my drive as one single zpool, even though I've removed Ubuntu a while ago and now running Fedora with a different layout and btrfs as main filesystem.
        Parted (the command-line program) instead detects the layout correctly, as well as the Gnome utility Disks.

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post
          GParted is not a front-end to Parted, is it? I've just tried it and noticed that it sees my drive as one single zpool, even though I've removed Ubuntu a while ago and now running Fedora with a different layout and btrfs as main filesystem.
          Parted (the command-line program) instead detects the layout correctly, as well as the Gnome utility Disks.
          It's a GUI frontent to libparted and parted is a console frontend to libparted so technically they should display the same layout but I don't know how much of that logic is in the library or in the applications themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

It's a GUI frontent to libparted and parted is a console frontend to libparted so technically they should display the same layout but I don't know how much of that logic is in the library or in the applications themselves.
            There is a significant amount of logic in partitioning applications, especially for file system detection. I haven't looked into GParted in detail, but I think libparted is mostly used for manipulating partition table entries and not much more.

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
              GParted is a fantastic program. These new features are sure to make Linux great again.
              Linux was always great no need to revive it.

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
                Keep Linux Great. Storm the FreeBSD Foundation and demand trial by combat.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Keep Linux Great. Storm the FreeBSD Foundation and demand trial by combat.
                  Who is going to be the C Shaman ?

Comment

Working...
                  X