Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State of GNOME 40's Threaded Input

Phoronix: The State of GNOME 40's Threaded Input

One of many improvements we have been looking forward to with GNOME 40 is Mutter now having a separate input thread with its native back-end for Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is there a list somewhere tracking what's left to be done to have gnome maximally responsive on modern hardware including 1000 hz mices, high hz monitors, multiple monitors and freesync?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      is there a list somewhere tracking what's left to be done to have gnome maximally responsive on modern hardware including 1000 hz mices, high hz monitors, multiple monitors and freesync?
      well, closest thing is https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...ort=popularity

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        I would like to know it too!

Comment

Anyone know how KDE handle this matter?

Comment

The blog says a fix for the freezing cursor isn't done yet and is coming in the future. Does future mean Gnome 41?

Comment

Originally posted by lakerssuperman View Post
              The blog says a fix for the freezing cursor isn't done yet and is coming in the future. Does future mean Gnome 41?
              I am waiting for Gnome 42. That (in the Gnome world) will be the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Now if I only knew what the question was...
              GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                Anyone know how KDE handle this matter?
                Plasma still uses old non-atomic hardware cursor interface that works the same as on Xorg (i.e. no lag and stutter).

Comment

I wish they'd squeeze some more of these merge requests, even if it could cause regressions...
                  Then they can just fix them before the first .1 release

Comment

Originally posted by lakerssuperman View Post
                    Just don't use wayland, it's nowhere near usable despite what others might say.

Comment

Working...
                    X