X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artim
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I think the Edge browser is a better browser than Chrome even if the spying was the same. That said, I do think Edge spies less than Chrome because Google is an advertising company, Microsoft is not.
    Well, you might think that, but you're completely wrong. What MS does is to protect you from being spied on by others, like Firefox and chrome already do. But at least with the first Chromium Edge versions it was actually worse than what Chrome collects. And don't forget, MS does already reserve the rights and must likely uses it to gather pretty much anything about their users through Windows 10 and Office. Even when they are legally required to explicitly ask users for permission beforehand (read: "informed opt-in"). So don't even think for a second they could be any better than Google

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I would doubt that, both are proprietary horse dung, and Micro$oft has a spying track record that is on par with google's. zero reason to believe their wouldn't be just as much spying going on.
    I think the Edge browser is a better browser than Chrome even if the spying was the same. That said, I do think Edge spies less than Chrome because Google is an advertising company, Microsoft is not.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied

Yeah, if use Chromium, not Chrome, then yeah maybe they want to stick with that. But as far as Chrome and Edge goes, I think Edge is a better browser and less spying than Chrome.
    I would doubt that, both are proprietary horse dung, and Micro$oft has a spying track record that is on par with google's. zero reason to believe their wouldn't be just as much spying going on.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

At least there is Chromium which does not contain most of the Google spyware stuff (and I think there is ungoogled-chromium and Bromite as well).
    Yeah, if use Chromium, not Chrome, then yeah maybe they want to stick with that. But as far as Chrome and Edge goes, I think Edge is a better browser and less spying than Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied

I use Firefox myself, but I've tried Edge and Chrome too, and like Edge better than Chrome.
    So this recommendation was for people who are already using Chrome.
    I don't know what rationale you use when describing Edge as spyware, but I think it is less of spyware than Chrome.
    At least there is Chromium which does not contain most of the Google spyware stuff (and I think there is ungoogled-chromium and Bromite as well).

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

No, thanks. I will not check out Spyware.
    I use Firefox myself, but I've tried Edge and Chrome too, and like Edge better than Chrome.
    So this recommendation was for people who are already using Chrome.
    I don't know what rationale you use when describing Edge as spyware, but I think it is less of spyware than Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    For those who like Chrome, check out Edge it is a better version of Chrome.

Microsoft Edge Insider build is now available for Linux.
    No, thanks. I will not check out Spyware.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by flashmozzg View Post

Something was wrong with your setup (how long ago was that, IRC early chrome builds with AV1 used suboptimal options).

i5 2500K should easily reach ~100+ fps on 1080p videos,
    You're right, I tried again and it seems it can handle 4K now.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Artim View Post

I'd like to see that. On an i5 4210U 1080p25 or p30 is running fine on VLC but I can't see it handling 60+ fps. And no way that could work directly on YouTube without downloading the video to play it with VLC. And I doubt a 2nd gen would be that much better. Though I don't have any video to test with
    Even a power 9 4-core can achieve 70ish FPS on 1080p 8bit. it should definitely hit 100 or so fps. on 1080p 8bit, 10bit is a different story

Leave a comment:

• flashmozzg
    replied
    Originally posted by Artim View Post

I'd like to see that. On an i5 4210U 1080p25 or p30 is running fine on VLC but I can't see it handling 60+ fps. And no way that could work directly on YouTube without downloading the video to play it with VLC. And I doubt a 2nd gen would be that much better. Though I don't have any video to test with
    4210U is a low-clocked laptop 2-core. 2500k is a 4-core part. Dav1d has a really good scaling across the cores, so even if 2500K lacks AVX2, it compensates with higher clock and 4 proper cores (so I can easily see 30-40fps of 4210U turning into 90-120 fps on 2500K).
    Last edited by flashmozzg; 25 January 2021, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X